028 was a good saw in its time tough to get parts for even sproket is a expensive part and it has a drive gear assy for oil pump that is stihl...
Hey Lenny I always used a horizontal splitter and the big ones I just ripped with a big saw but I use a tm skid splitter now its a upside down...
Hey I have had some problems with the slide type kill switches on customers dolmars enough times I stock a few of them most times they won't suht...
Nice job!! for future projects the welding supply i use has real nice weld on tube like hinges water cant get in them [eg no rusting] they have a...
Hello Shack I usually put a screen on after the season but as soon as I start burning I take it off I always had trouble with buildup on the...
Cooling off in 50s this morning and of course raining again can't catch a strech of dry here this year glad I have a shed for wood or it wouls be...
036 can handle 24" with a good sharp chain it would be better with skip chain for hardwood you could run a 28" in softwood but on a 28" I would...
Nice pile O logs Thats what dogs do mine likes stink bugs ?? great smell puked up stinkbugs:picard: and these are the same animals that the...
300.00 max for something that old any hard parts would have to be searched to be found the hydraulics would be the first suspect for problems I...
Only one better than that is when they run it long enough to pop the caliper apart after cutting the rotor off happened to a 450 super duty chip...
Ahh I do believe there is more methane created in politicians chambers than anywhere i do believe they are full of it and they are happy when you...
We get all our wood from tree services that bring me logs for my sawmill and the cull logs are the firewood i usually end up with a good amount...
Hey maine mtn man Itaska bar oil is supposed to be made by Spectrum oil co they also make save a chain bar oil sold in a lot of hardware stores...
ash on a good day does not hinge well they tend to snap hinge as everywone else mentioned a rope throwbagged up high gives you the safest bet it...
Hey anybody heard anything about problems with the new husqvarna saws having bottom end bearing failures i am looking at buying (2) 395 ported...
Hey I store logs for sawmill I have to keep a rain fly over the top and I stack logs on top of old utility poles seems to keep the bugs at bay it...
It seems to be a disease after you get a sawmill what you dont use for firewood you end up making piles of boards and the only project you ever...
hey about your log tongs Peavey manufacturing in Eddington Maine has some of the best log handling equipment and its made in us
Welcome !! the best thing you can do if possible is test run the saw you want to buy there is several woodsmans days in your state and they always...
1000.00 Would be a bargain in my area if you throw bag a line high enough should be no problem to pull over just remember maple does not hinge...