I just read some more of her contract. The thing is 11 pages! In the back I found a paragraph from 2012 that said she should start killing the...
That is a good question. I just read her contract she signed in 2012 with the DNR. The goal of her wood lot is Oak saw logs. The Black Locust is...
I have a project ahead of me. My mother in law (85 years old and in a nursing home) has been ordered by her DNR forester to get rid of a two acre...
Very nice info Lodged Tree thanks for posting. My cousin worked for the Forest Service in the Bob Marshall Wilderness in Montana. She couldn't use...
yes I would like to cut it up 50/50 with neighbor for firewood if he can get his wife to sign off this neighbor burns wood to heat his house and...
I can't help it I like guns. I don't think one can have to many as long as used in a law abiding way. Ruger Super Redhawk Alaskan in 454...
In high school I took a soils and conservation class. The teacher was trying to teach us how to measure a tree at DBH. Take a string with a...
diameter @ breast height I think?
Is this old beacon a white oak? [ATTACH] [ATTACH] I call it a beacon because it is in a corner where three property lines meet. And is...
Finally finding some nicer ones. Found these in my woods this morn. Keepers! critters wrecked this one [ATTACH] This one will get traded for...
[ATTACH] I dug out my Dad's ice fishing heater the other day. Coleman 502 build date 5-73. It hasn't been run in years. It was half full of white...
Not directly. I have a buddy who makes lamp bases out of them. So I give my nicer ones to him and he barters me blue gill fillets frozen in a...
I tell my wife I gotta die of something she rolls her eyes,,,,
found another shed today I had Mich St in the final four in my pool when they got beat I was pizzed so I walked it off [ATTACH] gotta be quick...
I just realized I posted a pic of a gun I don't have anymore. Sorry. I sold the Ruger MKII Target Bull Barrel 22 to my brother and replaced it...
I carry the 454Casull in Montana if a griz comes after me I just shoot the guy with me then run like hell [IMG] [IMG]
Handguns? I might have a few. But always on the lookout for more! [IMG] [IMG] I'll have to get some better pics. Love my Rugers. SP101 22LR and...
Took a nice long walk in the woods this morn. No chainsaws in hand was just doing a walkabout. Found a shed antler. methinks it's been laying...
Hackberry bark from a distance looks like a bait can full of moving squirming nite crawlers. Very easy to spot hack in my woods.
I have some young hackberry growing in my woods. My DNR guy wants me to get rid of them. The bark in your pic looks like my hackberry.