Sorry Lissa, I don't think that's shag bark. Shag bark hickory has much different bark than in your picture. [ATTACH] [ATTACH]
Local dealer told me a couple of days ago that 462 will be available there March 1st. :rootintootin: :dancer::banana:
Well, I guess it's like Judge Roy Bean said: "Son, ya ken get used ta anythin', but hangin'." :rofl: :lol:
-16° and you're doing roofing?!? :faint:
We've bicycled all over the U.S. most of Western Europe and parts of Eastern Europe and I've found it great fun checking out hoarders in other...
Keeping that road side pick up safe! Spain prostitutes don yellow bibs Oh, you were talking about something different!:picard::rofl: :lol:
Comparing leaf pictures I'd guess Chinese chestnut. Still so much for me to learn and remember and so few brain cells left to accomplish that...
American chestnut [ATTACH] Chinese chestnut [ATTACH]
American Chestnut?!? o_O I've never seen one but the description seems to fit; once a tree reaching 100' now mostly found as stump sprouts under...
I enlarged the picture and you have all kinds of wood in there! Nice score!
bang you're ready! Now sit back and laugh at all those who just don't get it and continue to:makeitrain"money to the utility companies!
:hair:Poison Ivy!! :faint:
Nasty Winter comes to mind or at least the part of my mind that can post here!:D
Welcome to the land of the woodenheads Geoffrey Offenheiser! Lots of great folks with a lot of good information here. I'm on with silver maple. I...
Well done! Zat look like silver maple, zat wat it iz? :salute:
Great wood. Not ash for sure, I think you are correct with bitternut. I've only cut one bitternut and that was 5 years back. Matter of fact some...
That's the life of a true hoarder, cut, split, stack, burn, repeat. :salute:
That much snow would paralyzed us in Kentucky for at least a week! Stay warm and safe. Remember :ithappened:or it's just another sunny day at the...
Dude! Dat der hoardin' bug dun bit you hard! Dey ain't no cure fer hit's bite neither, you's dun fer!:rofl: :lol: :thumbs:
Sharing the wealth, way to go! Makes everyone feel good!:thumbs::salute: