We were under an extreme weather warning all of yesterday I think. Then in the evening the weather got colder, the wind kicked up, and it was...
Sitting at -33 C, -43 C with the wind. The weather guessers can't quite get it right, and keep pushing the warmer weather forecast back a day...
She was a chilly one this morning, -32 C (-44 C with the windchill) but now it's -30 C or-42 C with the wind. Yuck. Pine and poplar in the reactor.
Me either.:eek::D I know if I wait long enough, I'll run out of winter.
But wait, there's more! Dipping to -30 C tonight, and a dash of wind to make -40 C. :shiver:
double post
Looks like it's set on window cleaning mode.:yes:
Sitting at -27 C (-16 F) not counting wind, or -33 C (-27 F) with the wind. Poplar and pine in the reactor.
Pretty sure one of my cats when I was young got a bite from a fan blade. IIRC about a 1/2" long gash above her eye. Musta used up a few of those...
I think we have a few cold days to go, and then it's (hopefully!) gonna walk right up into absurd territory within 8-10 days. Here's a parody...
I take the cold in stride, and while I don't like it, I accept it. But...here's a guy who can't. Cold start to Saskatchewan winter ignites...
Sitting at a balmy -29 c (-20 F) at the moment, and the wind kicking up later it's supposed to feel like -37 C. Pine running the reactor. I had...
A few more posts from over there. Originally Posted by me I'm not familiar with the BK, do they not come with some type of external fan to push...
I enjoy reading about people coloring outside the lines to see what happens.
That's actually more than I thought.
Gotta be not quite there wood if I made a wager. It'll be like going from a tractor to a sports car with nice dry wood. You must be quite tough...
Forgot to ask if you're using the fan?
What kind of temps are you seeing in the stove room, and the other rooms while the fire is going? How cold is the outside weather while this is...
I'm not familiar with either your old stove or the new one, but are your expectations realistic?
I'd blame the wood too. While you can burn less than optimal wood in a epa secondary burn type stove, it's pretty underwhelming. I've burned some...