In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

Well this is a let down.

Discussion in 'Modern EPA Stoves and Fireplaces' started by Pallet Pete, Jan 2, 2018.

  1. Pallet Pete

    Pallet Pete Moderator

    Joined:
    Oct 2, 2013
    Messages:
    13,479
    Likes Received:
    54,102
    Location:
    Ovid
    I am not sure how this happened but the ash grate broke in two spots! The odd thing is that I never noticed until the other night. We haven’t over fires the stove that I remember :loco: :crazy:

    This has been a superb stove for us I’m very disappointed right now.

    O well we got ahold of the stove shop and they are on it.

    3851FDF0-DA8D-4937-8DCA-C3EB89F9E1D3.jpeg
     
  2. papadave

    papadave

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    18,181
    Likes Received:
    82,470
    Location:
    Right where I want to be.
    Does that lift out? Looks like it sits on a ledge.
     
  3. fishingpol

    fishingpol

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    6,502
    Likes Received:
    39,646
    Location:
    Merrimack Valley, Ma.
    Looks like she got hot. Any chance of an ash pan air leak?
     
  4. Pallet Pete

    Pallet Pete Moderator

    Joined:
    Oct 2, 2013
    Messages:
    13,479
    Likes Received:
    54,102
    Location:
    Ovid
    Yes it lifts out easily

    I’m wondering about that myself.... We haven’t used the ash pan I years it gets opened once a year specifically to inspect the stove and then I ignore it. The ash pan works good but honestly it’s harder to use the pan than scoop one scoop before each load...
     
  5. Backwoods Savage

    Backwoods Savage Moderator

    Joined:
    Oct 4, 2013
    Messages:
    48,983
    Likes Received:
    312,177
    Location:
    Central MI
    I hope they stand behind this.
     
    Pallet Pete and savemoney like this.
  6. yooperdave

    yooperdave

    Joined:
    Jun 16, 2014
    Messages:
    35,718
    Likes Received:
    224,382
    Location:
    Michigan's U.P.
    Ah!

    I remember those days of burning with a stove that had grates. Just a matter of time with the fire built right on them. Last time it happened, I had a local welding shop fab up a set of grates...just out of round stock and they worked fine.
     
  7. Pallet Pete

    Pallet Pete Moderator

    Joined:
    Oct 2, 2013
    Messages:
    13,479
    Likes Received:
    54,102
    Location:
    Ovid
    I may take your advice Dave I’ll probably weld this one after the new arrives to replace it.
     
    Mag Craft and Backwoods Savage like this.