In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

Quick wood I'd question

Discussion in 'The Wood Pile' started by Midwinter, Sep 9, 2017.

  1. Mwalsh9152

    Mwalsh9152

    Joined:
    Jan 17, 2017
    Messages:
    5,325
    Likes Received:
    38,830
    Location:
    Pelham NH
    I just realized, that guy is down the street from me. He cleaned house on the main road when asplundh was clearing the road this summer. Must have got at least 5 cords
     
  2. Midwinter

    Midwinter

    Joined:
    Aug 8, 2017
    Messages:
    19,846
    Likes Received:
    130,475
    Location:
    Nashua, NH
    Got deer lights on the Bronco?
     
  3. FatBoy85

    FatBoy85

    Joined:
    Feb 25, 2017
    Messages:
    6,611
    Likes Received:
    25,253
    Location:
    Washington State
    Chasing wood. Now that is good darned expression for those who are often found en route to piles. On the other hand you got me chuckling like I'm 12 here...
     
    Flatlander Pete, Midwinter and Horkn like this.
  4. Mwalsh9152

    Mwalsh9152

    Joined:
    Jan 17, 2017
    Messages:
    5,325
    Likes Received:
    38,830
    Location:
    Pelham NH
    redneckxmas5.jpg
    These are the only deer lights I have.
     
  5. Jack Straw

    Jack Straw

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    8,402
    Likes Received:
    52,443
    Location:
    30 miles west of Albany Ny
  6. Horkn

    Horkn

    Joined:
    Dec 17, 2014
    Messages:
    29,178
    Likes Received:
    166,481
    Location:
    SE Wisconsin
    Lol. You weren't the only one thinking that. 42 going on 14 for me.
     
  7. Mwalsh9152

    Mwalsh9152

    Joined:
    Jan 17, 2017
    Messages:
    5,325
    Likes Received:
    38,830
    Location:
    Pelham NH
    Same here!

    There was a gelato commercial where the mother said to their kid that it was only for grown ups. And the dad replied comically "I'm a grown up" thats how I often feel.
     
  8. Canadian border VT

    Canadian border VT

    Joined:
    Feb 18, 2015
    Messages:
    19,647
    Likes Received:
    130,670
    Location:
    Vermont
    elm with hydraulics is decent firewood when dry.. without hydraulics it's good for a bonfire IMO
     
  9. Eric VW

    Eric VW Moderator

    Joined:
    Jan 6, 2015
    Messages:
    24,549
    Likes Received:
    141,568
    Location:
    US
    I got nothing.....:whistle:
    :rofl: :lol:
    :salute:
     
  10. Backwoods Savage

    Backwoods Savage Moderator

    Joined:
    Oct 4, 2013
    Messages:
    48,983
    Likes Received:
    312,188
    Location:
    Central MI
    Now you are talking! A great way to use elm. Use it for 3 years and then see if you can split it.
     
    Eric VW, Horkn and Jack Straw like this.
  11. Midwinter

    Midwinter

    Joined:
    Aug 8, 2017
    Messages:
    19,846
    Likes Received:
    130,475
    Location:
    Nashua, NH
    Some polecat of a Masshoarder came up to NH and stole my elm! I didn't give up without a fight! IMG_20170913_3311.jpg IMG_20170913_42299.jpg
    Nice to meet MikeinMA and his wife, Karen!
     
  12. MikeInMa

    MikeInMa

    Joined:
    Dec 4, 2016
    Messages:
    15,854
    Likes Received:
    114,833
    Location:
    Southern Worcester county
    Yeah - that Midwinter is one tough cookie.

    The only way her elm ended up in my van, was to have Mrs MikeInMa distract her. ~smile~

    I actually made it back, evading all border patrols that Midwinter reported us to

    IMG_20170913_145948084.jpg

    **Note - I did leave a tub load of seasoned split BL.

    **Note Note Mrs MikeinMa is actually Carol. Funny thing though, Karen is my sister's name.

    **Note Note Note - Nice to have met Midwinter. She's got wood stacks ALL around her place. You could do cannonballs into her pool off them, I'm sure. After seeing what she's able to scrounge from the town wood dump, I wish I had one of those in my area. She has definitely got it going!!

    Hoard on!
     
  13. Eric VW

    Eric VW Moderator

    Joined:
    Jan 6, 2015
    Messages:
    24,549
    Likes Received:
    141,568
    Location:
    US
    Another great FHC mini GTG:handshake:
    :)
     
  14. Mwalsh9152

    Mwalsh9152

    Joined:
    Jan 17, 2017
    Messages:
    5,325
    Likes Received:
    38,830
    Location:
    Pelham NH
    Nice trade! Some unsplittable for her Elm for some seasoned BL?
     
  15. MikeInMa

    MikeInMa

    Joined:
    Dec 4, 2016
    Messages:
    15,854
    Likes Received:
    114,833
    Location:
    Southern Worcester county
    Yeah - I've never worked with elm. Just heard the nightmares about it. If my first hand experience comes close to the nightmares, then a-noodling I will go, and I'll have first-hand knowledge.

    Always, always good to give when getting!
     
  16. Midwinter

    Midwinter

    Joined:
    Aug 8, 2017
    Messages:
    19,846
    Likes Received:
    130,475
    Location:
    Nashua, NH
    I think it was a good trade. That was some primo green elm!
    Sorry I got Carol's name wrong. I liked her a lot!