Anyone have a decent online sourcefor rolls of porch/window screen? It's time to redo my front porch since the screen is starting to tear and show a few more holes here and there. The current screen i have is a wire mesh not fiberglass and I'd like to replace it with the same. I just don't think the fiberglass stuff is as durable. I need at least a 96"x50ft roll.
Ever thought about the vinyl mesh that greenhouses use for shade screen. Stuff is pretty dam tough. I use a 10oz version for tarps on my trash trucks and it lasts a long time. Its pretty reasonable and you can get custom sizes made with gromets so you can take it down if you want.
Not a bad idea JustWood but it doesn't look very see through? I still want to be able to see out of the porch. Jack, ive only been able to find the fiberglass stuff on amazon.
It may help to check out the local rebuild stores, habitat for humanity, goodwill type. You never know....
I did not see regular aluminum screen in 96" widths on a quick search. I did see 72" wide. I have aluminum on the front porch in wood frames and most of them are over 10 years old. Those are up from May to October. I have fiberglass in the back porch with the screen tight system year round. Not as durable, but replacing it is quick and simple with the system.
I use cat screen, pet screen, it will stand up to cats climbing up it and hanging, lasts forever I don't know if these are the best prices or not I usually just buy it at the hardware. Phifer Pet Screen - Ask for Phifer Pet Screen By Name, Pet Screen is 7x Stronger that traditional Insect Screening Made the back of this seat from pet screen, some people use it for the whole seat and back
That's a great choice too. I've done several screened porches with my dad, before the new systems were made available; we'd build basic frames that were removable for the winter months.