I am trying to find a good forstner bit that is reasonably priced and works well. It needs to be 1 3/4". The brand I have available in town has marginal reviews and I won't say its name just to not bias replies. I have no experience with these bits, any tips or tricks are appreciated.
The prices and quality are all over the place. I just needed two sizes and bought the Diablos at HD. I just don't use them much and they work fine for what I was doing.
Been looking online but not having ever been around them I hope to hear from actual users. What features are good or bad?
if they are not cutting well reduce your speed and raise the bit often to clear the chips,that will help even with the cheapest bits.
Either one. I use a drill press for better control. I have a single and double cutter bits, both work pretty fast.
I bought a set from Northern tool that works well. I believe it was 3/4"-3". Was on sale cheap at the time. Thinking $40ish
Freud are good bits ,I have 3 or 4 of them, Forstner Bits- Peachtree Woodworking Supply I have a 16 piece set like these Titanium coated they cut real nice , Woodworker.com: WOODTEK 16 PIECE TITANIUM COATED FORSTNER BITS SET More links, I have bought router bits from here, MLCS Woodworking Site Search Woodworkers Supply Search Results for: FORSTNER BITS Router Bits, Woodworking Supplies, Woodworking Tools - EagleAmerica.com