No its above normal temps we should be below zero for the lows and teens on a good sunny day and a favorable front. I live in the norther most part of the boral forest, as the crow flies the arctic circle is 180-200 miles away. Im'm happy for the size spruce I get, closer to the circle the smaller the spruce is. As far as good hardwoods like what you have in Pa, I'm thousands of miles to far north.
40/68 and 910 in the stove. Cat probe died last year so this my birthday present to myself. Wife thinks I'm crazy. Maybe she's right....
We hit 90 yesterday (Friday) Haven’t even had a frost yet and that usually happens by the second or third week in September, Labor Day is not uncommon somewhere in the state. We are still leaving doors and windows open overnight. No indoor fires in the forecast!!
That's ok. You still have enough to keep you warm. You also have many plusses to enjoy. I still sometimes wonder if I missed the boat when I was offered work up there way back in the 70's.
Was just kidding, I know that is all you have there. Good deal you have larger stuff. I burnt nothing but dead Spruce when in CO hunting, it did very well. The normal temps you mention for this time of year...stay warm my friend.
46* low overnight and 58* high today with light rain. Funny, early this morning the report said "zero chance of rain". It started raining and suddenly the report was changed to "light rain"! I guess they just look outside to see what the forecast should be. No real chance of inside fires here for a while, just not cold enough. That is unless the forecasters look out side and suddenly see frost and then change the report!
I think he is saying that the windows do a better job than the weather man. My name is Mike, and I'm a hoarder in Ok.
Was 74 Today A beautiful day to Take the stove apart And clean it, Climb up on the roof Clean the chimney Get all the sticks and crap off the roof
91f for the high tying our record from 1915. Tomorrow they are talking 90 and the record is 91 set in 2015, I think, so we will see.