In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

What's the trick for posting pictures now?

Discussion in 'Everything Else (off topic)' started by JoeyD, Sep 28, 2026.

  1. JoeyD

    JoeyD

    Joined:
    Oct 8, 2013
    Messages:
    251
    Likes Received:
    1,426
    I keep getting errors trying to post a picture which was never a problem before. What am I missing?
    Thanks.
     
  2. The Wood Wolverine

    The Wood Wolverine

    Joined:
    Aug 23, 2015
    Messages:
    18,884
    Likes Received:
    121,706
    Location:
    Gettysburg, PA
    iPhone? If so click here:

    This is only a test

    If not, you have to limit the file size to a very low number of mB.
     
    Last edited: Sep 28, 2026
  3. JoeyD

    JoeyD

    Joined:
    Oct 8, 2013
    Messages:
    251
    Likes Received:
    1,426
    Thanks, no iPhone here. I'll try shrinking it down.
     
  4. JoeyD

    JoeyD

    Joined:
    Oct 8, 2013
    Messages:
    251
    Likes Received:
    1,426
    Thanks again it did work, sort of. I'll need to find a better balance between size and resolution though.
     
  5. MikeInMa

    MikeInMa

    Joined:
    Dec 4, 2016
    Messages:
    15,885
    Likes Received:
    115,131
    Location:
    Southern Worcester county
    Resize is your friend. Cropping is not.
     
  6. JoeyD

    JoeyD

    Joined:
    Oct 8, 2013
    Messages:
    251
    Likes Received:
    1,426
    Thanks, I did fix it a little. It's been a while since I did this kind of stuff.
     
  7. Chud

    Chud

    Joined:
    Aug 15, 2020
    Messages:
    7,279
    Likes Received:
    54,276
    Location:
    NC
    For me a screenshot and crop works.
     
  8. Erik B

    Erik B

    Joined:
    May 12, 2015
    Messages:
    5,662
    Likes Received:
    39,154
    Location:
    Western Wisconsin
    If you have an older digital camera that still works, try that. I don't have to shrink any of my pics, but then the size of my pics is only 1.2MB.
     
  9. bogieb

    bogieb

    Joined:
    Mar 30, 2015
    Messages:
    12,567
    Likes Received:
    76,440
    Location:
    New Hampshire
    I use a Win11 laptop and either resize to 65%, and save as a separate file so I still have the original (the wasp nest photo which ended up being 270x1293), or take a screenshot of the original and paste it right in the post (the Jeep photo).

    upload_2026-9-29_2-30-3.png

    Wasp Nest in basement Insulation (mini split line ingress)-sm.jpg
     
  10. RCBS

    RCBS

    Joined:
    Jan 22, 2016
    Messages:
    6,387
    Likes Received:
    31,929
    Location:
    Over here
    Using a PC with Windows? Windows button + Shift + S will allow you to snip from a displayed pic. Not had any troubles getting them to post doing this, though it is extra steps.

    upload_2026-9-29_6-29-58.png
     
  11. Canadian border VT

    Canadian border VT

    Joined:
    Feb 18, 2015
    Messages:
    19,679
    Likes Received:
    130,989
    Location:
    Vermont
    Unfortunately my computer with windows died
    And Microsoft won’t allow me to use windows 10 again. I have to pay 19.99 a month to rent it.. and give them access to my files Flip off
     
  12. BHags

    BHags

    Joined:
    Jan 31, 2016
    Messages:
    652
    Likes Received:
    3,297
    Location:
    Massachusetts
    I still use win 10. MS doesn't support it anymore, but it works like it always did
     
  13. RCBS

    RCBS

    Joined:
    Jan 22, 2016
    Messages:
    6,387
    Likes Received:
    31,929
    Location:
    Over here
    We were going to convert at work, but 11 had some issues so we're still on 10. I'd like to go back to XP myself but whatever.
     
  14. brenndatomu

    brenndatomu

    Joined:
    May 29, 2015
    Messages:
    25,187
    Likes Received:
    163,792
    Location:
    NE Ohio
    Screen shot of the pic is the easiest way if not using iPhone
     
  15. buZZsaw BRAD

    buZZsaw BRAD

    Joined:
    Feb 14, 2019
    Messages:
    34,866
    Likes Received:
    215,710
    Location:
    North Haven, Connecticut
    Do you post pics this way? Thought I was the only one who did? :emb:

    Ill have to see if my digital camera can size to that?
     
    T.Jeff Veal, Erik B, MikeInMa and 2 others like this.
  16. Canadian border VT

    Canadian border VT

    Joined:
    Feb 18, 2015
    Messages:
    19,679
    Likes Received:
    130,989
    Location:
    Vermont
    New computer cannot load the number ownership code.. so when your computer does your software is useless. It’s fine until you try to reinstall when your hard drive fails
     
  17. ironpony

    ironpony

    Joined:
    Oct 4, 2013
    Messages:
    3,749
    Likes Received:
    20,843
    Location:
    Mid Ohio
  18. yooperdave

    yooperdave

    Joined:
    Jun 16, 2014
    Messages:
    35,770
    Likes Received:
    224,829
    Location:
    Michigan's U.P.

    They have a windows 10 now? :jaw:

    Maybe it's time for me to move up from windows 95...........:whistle:
     
  19. MikeInMa

    MikeInMa

    Joined:
    Dec 4, 2016
    Messages:
    15,885
    Likes Received:
    115,131
    Location:
    Southern Worcester county
  20. Erik B

    Erik B

    Joined:
    May 12, 2015
    Messages:
    5,662
    Likes Received:
    39,154
    Location:
    Western Wisconsin
    buZZsaw BRAD I download pics from the camera to my desktop and upload pics to my posts. I have been doing that ever since I joined FHC