In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

What's up today (bullchiting) thread.

Discussion in 'Everything Else (off topic)' started by Gasifier, Oct 6, 2013.

1. bogieb

bogieb

Whenever I go back to KS to visit family, my mother gives me her car to use for the duration. I hate, hate, hate that it has push buttons on the dash for the gear selection. You ain't rocking that thing out if you get in a minor stuck situation. I can't imagine the pull tabs are any better than push buttons.

OTOH, it is kind of cool that when you hit the stop engine button in Mom's car, it will automatically put itself into park (not that that is the suggested way - just something my mom found out by accident).

2. TrinitySouth99

TrinitySouth99

I'm not a fan either. Having to choose between the two, I'd rather the dial shift such as some rams have over push (or pull) buttons.

Mind you, many huge commercial trucks with automatics have push button shift, and have for many years before it became common in cars and such. Maybe I'm old fashioned, but I like a lever.

3. FarmerJ

FarmerJ

Those aren’t true automatic transmissions either

they are automated manual transmissions.

4. Moparguy

Moparguy

Those electronic push buttons are designed for the mental capacity of the same people who camp in the left lane.

billb3, eatonpcat and theburtman like this.
  5. Gasifier

Gasifier

Light mowing again today. IMG_5527.jpeg