In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

What's a Cleveland Grand Teton?

Discussion in 'Pellet Stoves, Pellet Fireplaces, Pellet Furnaces' started by GHinNH, Sep 26, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GHinNH

GHinNH

I'm glad you mentioned it as it had totally slipped my mind to poke at the buttons to see if I could stumble upon any backdoor.

That would be pretty normal M.O. for a keypad operated stove (the Enviro does exactly that). If it's in the manual I've missed it, or it's a well kept secret.

PelletHound, bogieb and jtakeman like this.
  2. jtakeman

jtakeman Moderator

There might be, But I haven't found it. I even looked at other US stove models with the same board. I even looked through the diagnostic info and didn't find anything on low feed rate. Only thing I found mention pellet quality and to try different pellets. I also found a slight different manual than the one cleamfire posted. I attached it, But still no mention of an internal menu.

Wierd you don't get any difference from the heat levels. I would assume(very bad on my part) that level 5 in manual mode would be a bonfire inside. If it only did that in auto I would assume the thermistor in NFG. But manual bypasses the thermistor.

If the stove is squeky clean I would dig into the auger motor binding and such. Check the cycle time from manual 1 more to manual 5 mode. The feed rate should change. IE on for 3 seconds off for 15 seconds or so on. Just an example But the feed should differ on manual 5

Attached Files:

PelletHound, bogieb and slvrblkk like this.
  3. SmokeyTheBear

SmokeyTheBear

Don't go there JT keep that software to yourself!!

slvrblkk and jtakeman like this.
  4. jtakeman

jtakeman Moderator

4 blinky on mine is over fire. 3 blinky is out of fuel IIRC.

I'd share if I found it. But nada. Off to search fo US stove secret menu. :D

Last edited: Nov 27, 2022
    PelletHound, bogieb and slvrblkk like this.
  5. SmokeyTheBear

SmokeyTheBear

What doesn't get bypassed in any mode is the stove's safeties. I could fire my stove on 1 and 1- and 1+ without any working convection (room) fan go to 2 #4 blinky stove had a manual reset hi temp the pot was likely empty too no draft damper to fool with.

slvrblkk likes this.
  6. SmokeyTheBear

SmokeyTheBear

POF not turning on can lead to #3 blinky as well, so there.

slvrblkk likes this.
  7. SmokeyTheBear

SmokeyTheBear

A hopper switch can stop feeding pellets #3 blinkie.

Last edited: Nov 26, 2022
    jtakeman and slvrblkk like this.
  8. jtakeman

jtakeman Moderator

Only thing I found but different model 5710

HOW TO ADJUST THE FUEL ADJUSTER It is a common occurrence in the pellet industry for the average pellet size to vary. Due to the varying sizes of pellets, this appliance is equipped with a fuel adjuster to adjust the amount of fuel allowed to pass into the auger assembly. The fuel adjuster is located inside the hopper. Note: The factory default setting for this is full open. To decrease the flow of pellets, move the fuel adjuster down. OPERATION INSTRUCTIONS NEVER OPERATE THIS PRODUCT WHILE UNATTENDED © 2021 United States Stove Company 11

1. Turn off and unplug the appliance.
    2. Loosen the two wing-nuts.
    3. Adjust up to increase, or down to reduce the fuel usage based on the size of the pellets.
    4. Tighten the two wing-nuts.

hopper adj.JPG

PelletHound, bogieb, imacman and 3 others like this.
  9. SmokeyTheBear

SmokeyTheBear

CleanFire and jtakeman like this.
  10. GHinNH

GHinNH

THAT would be a Godsend. I'm going to go dig the pellets out now, maybe I'll get lucky!

11. SmokeyTheBear

SmokeyTheBear

imacman and jtakeman like this.
  12. SmokeyTheBear

SmokeyTheBear

I never did understand people coming here and then poof. His installation leaves me with tons of questions as well.

13. badbob

badbob

I guess we can guess why it was sold used?
    Also, check auger motor rpm, wrong speed ones have been installed before.

14. imacman

imacman

Good thought....it's possible.

bogieb and SmokeyTheBear like this.
  15. SmokeyTheBear

SmokeyTheBear

Do we need to add to list, that stove still appears to need a proper cleaning and the fine maker used both an auto reset and a manual reset for the high temperature safety.

16. GHinNH

GHinNH

The limited amount of time I choose to waste on the internet is by choice, I have a lot more things that need doing and many more I want to do, that are a better use of time.

I will reiterate again, there are now four stoves here two of which were bought used in disrepair and I took them completely apart and re-built them. They are the primary source of heat and have been for many years.

I can make any of the other three stoves run hot and clean but not this one, I can assure everyone I know how to run and clean a stove and that it is clean. Just because the glass is black does not necessarily indicate the entire stove is dirty.

As I stated previously the glass turns black almost immediately, but increasing the draft only blows the fire out because there are not enough pellets being dropped to sustain a hot clean fire.

I have stuck my hand down into the pellets in the hopper but did not feel a gate type arraignment in there, but holding hope that I just missed it. If not I might see if I can do something similar to it, I have all the tools, equipment, skills necessary, it would only be a matter of making time to do it.

Since that space is largely unused it's not at the top of my priority list but my personal curiosity and penchant for making mechanical things right will likely get the better of me sooner rather than later.

imacman, bogieb and jtakeman like this.
  17. GHinNH

GHinNH

Already on my radar, I need to get in there and drop the gearbox to get the number off it to do some internet digging.

imacman, bogieb and jtakeman like this.
  18. jtakeman

jtakeman Moderator

Understandable, As I am in the same boat with house reno's. Way too many things on the list and not much time left to spand goofin off! :D Currently trying to get more heat to more around this drafty old shack. Supper warm in the basement, But not so much upstairs! But I do slack off on Sundays and Monday mornings. Waiting on a 10" duct booster fan and a house box fan as no one had them in stock. Seems house fans aren't in demand in winter. Yet they are really handy at moving cold air towards the heat source.

Like I said earlier the control should at least run the auger motor longer in the higher settings. If the motor is told to run longer then I suspect a bad motor or a bind. If it's just running the same cycle(so many seconds on and so many seconds off) no mater the heat setting its likely the control board gone fluky.

imacman and bogieb like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.