In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

NEW YORK STATE WOODSMEN'S FIELD DAYS

Discussion in 'Bulletin Board' started by Jack Straw, Aug 4, 2014.

  1. Jack Straw

    Jack Straw

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    8,402
    Likes Received:
    52,443
    Location:
    30 miles west of Albany Ny
  2. Scotty Overkill

    Scotty Overkill Administrator

    Joined:
    Oct 1, 2013
    Messages:
    9,777
    Likes Received:
    66,333
    Location:
    Central PA
    HMMMMMM...halfway would be Ithaca, may have to talk to the boss and see if she'd like a long weekend away. You going to it, Jack? Anyone else from our group going to go? Maybe we can talk Zap and Gassy into going too....
     
    thewoodlands likes this.
  3. Jack Straw

    Jack Straw

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    8,402
    Likes Received:
    52,443
    Location:
    30 miles west of Albany Ny
    I'm thinking about going Friday, I'm supposed to work that Saturday.
     
  4. Scotty Overkill

    Scotty Overkill Administrator

    Joined:
    Oct 1, 2013
    Messages:
    9,777
    Likes Received:
    66,333
    Location:
    Central PA
    I probably wouldn't be able to be there til Saturday but I'll have to look into it....
     
  5. MasterMech

    MasterMech The Mechanical Moderator

    Joined:
    Oct 2, 2013
    Messages:
    9,648
    Likes Received:
    26,044
    Location:
    Greenville County SC
    Unfortunately I'm already planning some time off this month or else I would head north.
     
  6. Grizzly Adam

    Grizzly Adam Guest

    I'm jealous...
     
  7. My IS heats my home

    My IS heats my home

    Joined:
    Dec 1, 2013
    Messages:
    7,394
    Likes Received:
    17,655
    Location:
    Albany, NH
    Same here. I have to wait until Columbus Day for the decent fairs. Most of the local fairs are so over commercialized, too many vendors and not enough agriculture and forestry.
     
  8. thewoodlands

    thewoodlands

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    15,040
    Likes Received:
    62,334
    I think the last time we went was 3 years ago, can't even remember the couple we met from the other board (very nice people) that lived in that area.

    We don't mind going for a day, not sure if you would find any rooms at this late of a date.
     
  9. thewoodlands

    thewoodlands

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    15,040
    Likes Received:
    62,334
  10. thewoodlands

    thewoodlands

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    15,040
    Likes Received:
    62,334
    I just went back to the other site for the first time so I could search for a name, we met a couple about 3 years ago, he goes by Battenkiller on the other site.

    I can sleep tonight!
     
  11. My IS heats my home

    My IS heats my home

    Joined:
    Dec 1, 2013
    Messages:
    7,394
    Likes Received:
    17,655
    Location:
    Albany, NH
    "The other site" haha. I went back there to ask a technical stove question this past spring, and not much has changed. I couldn't wait to get off of there again.
    I do remember the sn battenkiller
     
    thistle and thewoodlands like this.
  12. thewoodlands

    thewoodlands

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    15,040
    Likes Received:
    62,334
    I never did try signing in.
     
  13. Jon1270

    Jon1270

    Joined:
    Oct 4, 2013
    Messages:
    1,886
    Likes Received:
    4,543
    Location:
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Doesn't that look like fun!

    My brother lives in Ithaca. I wonder how he'd feel if I dropped by with half a dozen of my smelliest closest friends.
     
  14. thewoodlands

    thewoodlands

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    15,040
    Likes Received:
    62,334
    I think Battenkillers name is Dan, still bugging the chit out of me.
     
  15. fishingpol

    fishingpol

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    6,502
    Likes Received:
    39,646
    Location:
    Merrimack Valley, Ma.
    Dan is correct. I met him at the Woodstock cookout a few years back. He is quite an accomplished woodworker. I believe he was making wood canoes at the time.
     
  16. Grizzly Adam

    Grizzly Adam Guest

    My dad would tell you making canoes is the easiest thing in the world. Just start with a log and take out everything that's not a canoe.
     
    Shawn Curry and thistle like this.
  17. Scotty Overkill

    Scotty Overkill Administrator

    Joined:
    Oct 1, 2013
    Messages:
    9,777
    Likes Received:
    66,333
    Location:
    Central PA
    good to see you again, Jon!!

    Off topic, you should see the burl I cut off of a silver maple last Sunday......
     
    fishingpol likes this.
  18. thistle

    thistle

    Joined:
    Oct 4, 2013
    Messages:
    2,736
    Likes Received:
    9,757
    Location:
    Polk/Guthrie Counties,IA

    :eek:
     
  19. fishingpol

    fishingpol

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    6,502
    Likes Received:
    39,646
    Location:
    Merrimack Valley, Ma.
    Yeah, what a tease:(.
     
    Scotty Overkill likes this.
  20. Scotty Overkill

    Scotty Overkill Administrator

    Joined:
    Oct 1, 2013
    Messages:
    9,777
    Likes Received:
    66,333
    Location:
    Central PA
    Jon, the burls turned out to be buggy with some punk in them. both weighed around 300lbs! So they went bye-bye.....

    I'll have to do a thread on that monster.....
     
    fishingpol likes this.