In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

New Tractor delivering next week.

Discussion in 'Chainsaws and Power Equipment' started by bobdog2o02, Jul 26, 2021.

1. bobdog2o02

bobdog2o02

I have a Kioti CK#3510 HSE Cab coming next week. I am getting third function, a grapple, pallet forks, snow blade with angulation, 72" finish mower, "72 brush hog, 60" tiller.

Question for you guys, what tools do you keep with the tractor for emergency field work?

Any other advice?

Grammar and spelling triple checked for Eric VW

2. Eric VW

Eric VW Moderator

Not exactly. :rofl: :lol:

Glad to have you back on board- but since I don’t have a tractor, I’m no help on that subject. :salute:

3. Chud

Chud

Sounds like the best Xmas ever. I’d add a log skidding winch to my attachment list.

4. bobdog2o02

bobdog2o02

i already have a log tongs and a chain..... plus not much skidding in these neck of the country

5. Gasifier

Gasifier

Congratulations! :thumbs:That is awesome!

You shouldn’t need any tools with a brand new tractor. Depending on what I’m tractoring with at the time, I keep a few different size straight pins, lynchpins, vice grips, adjustable wrench, hammer, maybe a persuader bar depending on what I’m doing at the time. But that stuff is just for three point hitch work.

6. Screwloose

Screwloose

Hopefully you won't need tools to fix the tractor !! However I keep a 10" adjustable wrench, vise grips, screwdriver and needle nose pliers on the tractor. They can be handy when you for example wind 50 fn feet of barbed wire around the tiller !! Or a wheel loosens up on the mower.

Stinny, T.Jeff Veal, Chaz and 12 others like this.
  7. Horkn

Horkn

Congrats!!!

What slippers is it wearing?

:rofl: :lol::rofl: :lol::rofl: :lol:

8. bobdog2o02

bobdog2o02

Probably r14 but im undecided, maybe r4

9. clemsonfor

clemsonfor

One that new you won't be able to do much in the field if it's electric related.

I'd have a big crescent wrench and a 3lb hammer.

T.Jeff Veal, Eric VW, Chaz and 5 others like this.
  10. clemsonfor

clemsonfor

I was going to say the same thing. If it's new you shouldn't need anything for years!!!! Years!! But new stuff usually isn't as reliable as the old. Old stuff usually is small things that go down and usually easily able to be fixed easier than this old stuff.

T.Jeff Veal, Eric VW, Chaz and 6 others like this.
  11. PA Mountain Man

PA Mountain Man

It doesn't seem to matter what I have with me, it's not the right tool for the job.:hair:
    Maybe that's why I've been doin so much, with so little, for so long, that I'm now qualified to do anything with nothing.:whistle::rofl: :lol:

Last edited: Jul 27, 2021
    T.Jeff Veal, Chaz, Horkn and 11 others like this.
  12. amateur cutter

amateur cutter

YES!

T.Jeff Veal, Eric VW, Chaz and 6 others like this.
  13. Casper

Casper

If your implements have shear pins, have a few spares along with wrenchs to replace them. Almost all the tools we carried on our tractors were to repair the stuff we were using behind them.

14. TurboDiesel

TurboDiesel

Cigars and beer?;)

15. Jeremy Anthon

Jeremy Anthon

Haha this! My father-in-law never brush hogs the pasture without em

16. EODMSgt

EODMSgt

Congrats and welcome to the tractor family! Post some pics once you get it.

The only things I have carried over the nine or so years with my Kiotis are what others have mentioned, various pliers, adjustable wrenches, extra pins/retainers, etc. I don't carry a spud wrench on the tractor, however it has come in very handy for aligning heavy implements.

Adjustable Spud Wrench, 10-Inch - 3227 | Klein Tools - For Professionals since 1857

One thing that I have heard that is a recurring theme with Kiotis is bolts coming loose. I blame this on the dealership (I have never had an issue however I have read many posts about this happening to others). It may occur with other brands, however I mainly just keep up with Kioti info. With a new tractor, I recommend putting some thread marker on your bolts so you can just eyeball them to see if anything is coming loose.

Are you getting your rear tires loaded? I did not on my CK27 and often needed weight on the back during the winter (using the FEL for plowing). I have loaded rears on the DK42 and have not needed to carry any ballast on the back (using the front-mounted snow blower). I do have chains, however thankfully I have not needed them. Browse tractor forums and you can find ways to make your own ballast box for the rear (if you end up needing one). Some people just leave implements on the back when plowing however I used the box shown below on my CK27 (filled with 3/4 stone). (Although the ballast box has held up well over the years, I would not recommend Titan implements).

Tractors are a lot of fun, but there are a lot of little tips and tricks to learn. Things like the visibility of using forks on a tractor is much different than on a skidsteer (due to the engine/hood, there is much less visibility on a tractor as to where the ends of the forks are). Also, I recommend when not using your grapple that you store it in the open position, as this will make it much easier to reconnect the hydraulic hoses when you reinstall the grapple (fluid pressure). I would also consider getting a quick hitch for your implements.

Also, if you plan on doing a lot of brush work with your grapple, remember that the radiator on your Kioti is made of plastic and the factory brush guard does little to protect it from getting poked by a stray branch. I recommend you improve your brush guard by welding on some expanded metal or something similar to protect the grill and radiator. I wasn't having any luck locally getting someone to mod my grill guard so I went with a prefab bolt-on grill protector from Broken Anvil.

Broken Anvil Metalworks – Custom Metalworking

Last edited: Jul 28, 2021
    Gasifier, GrJfer, T.Jeff Veal and 7 others like this.
  17. Canadian border VT

Canadian border VT

Umm only thing not mentioned bug spray, guarantee brush hogging you want it..

ohh some anti bacterial cream. Your going to loose some skin putting on 3 point implement

T.Jeff Veal, Eric VW, Chaz and 4 others like this.
  18. bobdog2o02

bobdog2o02

EODMSgt Holy crap man, thanks for all that insight!!!

Yes, The tires are getting filled, havent decided on r4 vs r14 yet though...

T.Jeff Veal, Eric VW, Chaz and 5 others like this.
  19. Deer Meadow Farm

Deer Meadow Farm

I have a small tool box on the back of my Massey. I have a large screw driver that is also used as a drift at times. A hammer. An adjustable wrench (I like the spud wrench suggestion!) pliers, extra clips/pins, etc. A rag gives you something to wipe grease off your hands and keeps the tools from rattling much. I keep spare implement parts on the implement itself (shear bolts, etc.) in tubes like this:
    [​IMG]

These are really handy for trailers as well. I put the registration for the trailer in these, that way it stays with the trailer vs. the vehicle towing it as I may tow the trailer with multiple vehicles.

20. EODMSgt

EODMSgt

Can't believe I forgot to mention a rag! Rags are an essential with tractors as you will get greasy/dirty no matter how hard you try to stay clean!

I like the idea about the holder for the registration. I have my tractor tagged as a commercial vehicle so I can drive it on the road legally and was wondering where to store the registration. Thanks for the tip Deer Meadow Farm !

I have also seen people make PVC tubes to slide into the front end loader to store chains and straps. Any additional weight reduces the lift capacity of the FEL, however keeping smaller chains there wouldn't be an issue.

chain-pipe.jpg