Well my maiden voyage to the mill went OK I guess. Took full trailer load of logs and brought 1/3 back. As they were too short or had bends that would make it inefficient to mill and so now I know!
Yep, processing tomorrow. Maybe save a bowl blank or two. I’m not sure how well red oak will turn, so the learning will continue. My favorite wood and I rarely get it, so gonna save a few 4 ft straight ones and rip with bandsaw for small projects.
Got my lumber back. 301 board feet. Got in unloaded and stickered so maybe will have some fun project wood for next winter
it’s so wet may be a while, but I’m planning someday to add a mid level planer and joiner. Just going to be for small projects. Going to focus mainly on turning.
Oak is hard on the tools. Gotta sharpen often. The open grain is a little harder to deal with. Can't wait to see the turning projects!