In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

I felled, then processed, then stacked ten face cord today.

Discussion in 'The Wood Pile' started by Gasifier, Sep 1, 2017.

  1. Gasifier

    Gasifier

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    20,495
    Likes Received:
    104,020
    Location:
    St. Lawrence River Valley, NY
    WHAT? I did. It felled out of the dump truck. :whistle: Then it seemed to process and split as it hit the ground. :emb: Well? A-hem. Then my son helped me stack it a little around noon, then my wife helped me stack the rest tonight. :handshake: Hey. It's all stacked. Done and done! :D

    :p
     
    Loon, Flatlander Pete, Hammy and 17 others like this.
  2. savemoney

    savemoney

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    13,470
    Likes Received:
    69,200
    Location:
    Chelsea Maine
    Where is my pictures of said stacked wood???????
     
  3. Gasifier

    Gasifier

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    20,495
    Likes Received:
    104,020
    Location:
    St. Lawrence River Valley, NY
    Too dark when we got done. I'll post some in the morning. How you been Saves?
     
  4. HDRock

    HDRock

    Joined:
    Oct 4, 2013
    Messages:
    17,262
    Likes Received:
    60,487
    Location:
    Grand Blanc, MI,
    Well, A-hem , no pics? you must be makin chit up :whistle:;)
     
    Loon, Hammy, OhioStihl and 8 others like this.
  5. savemoney

    savemoney

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    13,470
    Likes Received:
    69,200
    Location:
    Chelsea Maine
    Having a heck of a time with my blood pressure, then my foot collapsed. A son in law has just arrived in Afghanistan for another year away from home. (National Guard) But, I have a good garden, my daughter got married to a nice guy, grandkids are all back in school (3 in college!) Need to get my stove cleaned and check out my venting. Getting cold here at night. Some frost warnings already. How are the horses doing?
     
  6. Gasifier

    Gasifier

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    20,495
    Likes Received:
    104,020
    Location:
    St. Lawrence River Valley, NY
    I hope the best for your health and well being my friend.

    Horses doing well. Eating all the time of course. Spoiled bastages.

    Wife and kids doing well. Everyone is healthy. That makes me happy and blessed.

    Kids are growing so fast and it is amazing what my son can eat at 13 y.o. He might have one ounce of fat on him. Maybe.
     
  7. Gasifier

    Gasifier

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    20,495
    Likes Received:
    104,020
    Location:
    St. Lawrence River Valley, NY
    Here go. Through the windshield of the truck. Time to make the donuts anyway.:thumbs:
    IMG_3248.JPG
     
    Loon, thewoodlands, Hammy and 14 others like this.
  8. HDRock

    HDRock

    Joined:
    Oct 4, 2013
    Messages:
    17,262
    Likes Received:
    60,487
    Location:
    Grand Blanc, MI,
    [​IMG] :yes:
     
    Hammy, Chvymn99, Eric VW and 3 others like this.
  9. Locust Post

    Locust Post

    Joined:
    Oct 4, 2013
    Messages:
    8,951
    Likes Received:
    52,505
    Location:
    N. E. OH
    I sure hope someone else backed the dump truck, I saw that video of you that Fanatical1 posted.....:whistle:..of course HDRock tipped us off that it was you. :rofl: :lol:
     
    Hammy, Thor, Backwoods Savage and 7 others like this.
  10. Gasifier

    Gasifier

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    20,495
    Likes Received:
    104,020
    Location:
    St. Lawrence River Valley, NY
    Oh, now you sound like the guy that was complaining the other day when I operated his truck for him. He wanted a full load!:salute: IMG_3249.JPG
     
    Horkn, Loon, Hammy and 10 others like this.
  11. Backwoods Savage

    Backwoods Savage Moderator

    Joined:
    Oct 4, 2013
    Messages:
    48,983
    Likes Received:
    312,170
    Location:
    Central MI
    Well, at least you are getting started for winter.
     
    Horkn, HDRock, Hammy and 3 others like this.
  12. Locust Post

    Locust Post

    Joined:
    Oct 4, 2013
    Messages:
    8,951
    Likes Received:
    52,505
    Location:
    N. E. OH
    On that note, I was out through our Amish area y-day for work and I saw a lot of wood hauling going on, cool days get the minds thinking.
     
  13. Gasifier

    Gasifier

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    20,495
    Likes Received:
    104,020
    Location:
    St. Lawrence River Valley, NY
    I've had about 15-17 cord all processed and stacked for many months. (Ash and Pine)

    I intended to process the rest but got too busy. This gets us to 25-27. And this is Maple with a little Beech. We'll use this for the coldest months. It will stay outside for another six weeks as long as we don't get snow.