In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

more pine, some cherry and a bird

Discussion in 'The Wood Pile' started by billb3, Feb 26, 2017.

  1. billb3

    billb3

    Joined:
    Oct 7, 2013
    Messages:
    10,513
    Likes Received:
    54,562
    Location:
    SE Mass
    two dead pines next to the house yesterday, here's one diced:
    IMG_0404.JPG
    Had to pull these down thru other pines. I think I use more gas limbing the darned things than dicing them.
    20 cubic feet of pine from two trees that I remember thinking i should cut them down before they get big. Quite a while ago. :)
    IMG_0408.JPG

    Onions and lettuce getting a tan topless outside yesterday:
    IMG_0405.JPG

    This afternoon sliced some more dead pine out near the swamp. Only had time for one tank.
    IMG_0409.JPG
    A tiny bit of cherry and some more pine:
    IMG_0413.JPG

    There was another white pine and a red pine. Also cut down a couple of Winter snapped in half swamp maples. I guess I left the pics in the woods.
    The monty python bird:
    IMG_0406.JPG

    pining for the fjords
    I think it was a great horned owl, only largish owl I can think of around here with feathers on its feet like that.
     
    Last edited: Feb 27, 2017
  2. Backwoods Savage

    Backwoods Savage Moderator

    Joined:
    Oct 4, 2013
    Messages:
    48,979
    Likes Received:
    312,156
    Location:
    Central MI
    You've been busy Bill.
     
    papadave, Ralphie Boy and Eric VW like this.
  3. mike bayerl

    mike bayerl

    Joined:
    Nov 15, 2014
    Messages:
    3,924
    Likes Received:
    22,456
    Location:
    Central PA
    Woods are COOL! Trees, shrubs, plant, flower, animals, etc. You can learn a lot if you just listen and observe.
     
    papadave, Ralphie Boy and Eric VW like this.
  4. Eric VW

    Eric VW Moderator

    Joined:
    Jan 6, 2015
    Messages:
    24,547
    Likes Received:
    141,560
    Location:
    US
    X2.
    I bet that was an impressive B.O.P. nonetheless....
     
    Ralphie Boy and Backwoods Savage like this.
  5. EnglishBob

    EnglishBob

    Joined:
    Sep 28, 2015
    Messages:
    398
    Likes Received:
    2,386
    Location:
    Upstate NY
    Sure its not a Wood pidgon ?
     
    Eric VW, billb3 and Ralphie Boy like this.
  6. billb3

    billb3

    Joined:
    Oct 7, 2013
    Messages:
    10,513
    Likes Received:
    54,562
    Location:
    SE Mass
    the pine needles are 4 or 5 inches long


    -----------------------

    I wish I had more time to throw at these dead pines
    they're getting soft quick.

    I have to at least get the ones that might fall on the house or garage.
    Sometimes they rot and disappear quick and sometimes they don't. I still have remnants of a pine that fell in eithe r Hurricane Bob or Gloria, I forget now which, in the woods in front of my house.

    I should be getting at downed maple first.

    Working around a little bit of plantar fasciitis. The days that my knee and hip ache I have to stay off it so don't get done what I would like.
     
    Eric VW and thewoodlands like this.