In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

2nd Annual Camp/Bon-Fire thread (2016)

Discussion in 'Everything Else (off topic)' started by Greenstick, May 28, 2016.

  1. Greenstick

    Greenstick

    Joined:
    Oct 4, 2014
    Messages:
    2,400
    Likes Received:
    12,276
    Location:
    Carrington North Dakota-aka-Dakotah Territory
    Lets see your summer outdoor fun fires!
     
    NH mountain man, Chvymn99 and Eric VW like this.
  2. Grizzly Adam

    Grizzly Adam Guest

    I did wednesday night!
     
    Eric VW likes this.
  3. Greenstick

    Greenstick

    Joined:
    Oct 4, 2014
    Messages:
    2,400
    Likes Received:
    12,276
    Location:
    Carrington North Dakota-aka-Dakotah Territory
    20160528_215815.jpg 20160528_215958.jpg
     
    Last edited: May 28, 2016
  4. Greenstick

    Greenstick

    Joined:
    Oct 4, 2014
    Messages:
    2,400
    Likes Received:
    12,276
    Location:
    Carrington North Dakota-aka-Dakotah Territory
  5. Smokinpiney

    Smokinpiney

    Joined:
    Oct 4, 2013
    Messages:
    3,811
    Likes Received:
    20,675
    Location:
    "South" Jersey
    It's been pretty dang hot here the past week so no fires. It's supposed to cool off a little this evening so maybe we'll light one up
     
    HDRock, Eric VW and papadave like this.
  6. Scotty Overkill

    Scotty Overkill Administrator

    Joined:
    Oct 1, 2013
    Messages:
    9,777
    Likes Received:
    66,332
    Location:
    Central PA
    Look closely and you'll see our very own UncleJoe strumming his guitar at the PA GTG just last evening. Heck of a singer too! He even wrote an FHC song from a poem that Gasifier wrote, and it's awesome! Maybe he'll share it with us!

    Screenshot_2016-05-29-13-10-32.png
     
  7. Grizzly Adam

    Grizzly Adam Guest

    That I would love to hear/read!
     
  8. Scotty Overkill

    Scotty Overkill Administrator

    Joined:
    Oct 1, 2013
    Messages:
    9,777
    Likes Received:
    66,332
    Location:
    Central PA
    Contact UncleJoe, maybe we can get him to share it to the page!
     
    Eric VW and Chvymn99 like this.
  9. UncleJoe

    UncleJoe

    Joined:
    Feb 24, 2014
    Messages:
    1,467
    Likes Received:
    5,854
    Location:
    SC Pa
    Here is a rough draft I did with my partner back in April. I added another verse for the final edition but haven't recorded it yet. I'll have to type out the lyrics later and post them.

    It appears I was working on it as you were posting. :)




    Took a quick look in some files and found that I already had it typed out for my partner to look at.

    Why We're All Here


    When we look around and we see such a sight, We sometimes wonder if people may be right.

    Are we off our rockers to hoard so much wood, Does a guy named Overkill really sound so good

    We haul it all home and we stack it nice and straight, We help friends & family without any debate.

    Sometimes you have to move the wood way to many time, Those same friends & family sometimes they want to cry.

    Chorus

    So come on boys and girls with your axe in tow,

    There's work to do so now it's time to go

    You can't hoard wood for just a single year,

    The fun never ends that's why we're all here


    Sometimes we like to wear a funny looking hat,

    or lay down on the job & there's nothing wrong with that.

    Yeah we're different with our stacks that could line a country's borders,

    but what could be gooder than these firewood hoarders

    Chorus
     
    Last edited: May 29, 2016
  10. Eric VW

    Eric VW Moderator

    Joined:
    Jan 6, 2015
    Messages:
    24,547
    Likes Received:
    141,556
    Location:
    US
    Awesome, hilarious, and totally spot on UncleJoe
    :thumbs:
    :handshake:
     
  11. UncleJoe

    UncleJoe

    Joined:
    Feb 24, 2014
    Messages:
    1,467
    Likes Received:
    5,854
    Location:
    SC Pa
    Last edited: May 29, 2016
  12. UncleJoe

    UncleJoe

    Joined:
    Feb 24, 2014
    Messages:
    1,467
    Likes Received:
    5,854
    Location:
    SC Pa
    Made it home to a sweltering house. First thing I did was put the AC units in the windows. Then unloaded the car, made a quick stop here to see what had been posted, in the shower to feel human again, then a little nap. :)

    Now it's time to go through the camera and post some pics.

    Here is our vigilant campfire monitor. Never taking his eyes off it and making sure it always has wood.

    P1020188.JPG
     
  13. Chvymn99

    Chvymn99 Moderator

    Joined:
    Oct 4, 2013
    Messages:
    21,479
    Likes Received:
    113,733
    Location:
    KC Metro
    Here was the start of my fire from lastnights get together....

    image.jpg
     
  14. Gasifier

    Gasifier

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    20,495
    Likes Received:
    104,020
    Location:
    St. Lawrence River Valley, NY
    No fires here yet this season. Although I have plenty of branches, brush, and stumps to burn. Too dry here. Waiting till we get some rain. Wish I could have made it to get together! Next time I'm on I'll have to catch up on how that went. Now I have to get some beauty sleep. :thumbs: I better get a few weeks! :rofl: :lol:
     
  15. savemoney

    savemoney

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    13,470
    Likes Received:
    69,200
    Location:
    Chelsea Maine
    any way we can get that recorded song to open on the home page? Really nice song. Captures the spirit of the group.
     
  16. Scotty Overkill

    Scotty Overkill Administrator

    Joined:
    Oct 1, 2013
    Messages:
    9,777
    Likes Received:
    66,332
    Location:
    Central PA
    Maybe a link to it if nothing else. Really enjoyed Joe's company last evening playing guitar by the fire, wish I wasn't so dang tired at the campfire last night. But being up since 4 am to get the pig on the smoker, and all of the days activities in that blazing heat, well lemme tell ya this fella was WHOOPED.
     
  17. UncleJoe

    UncleJoe

    Joined:
    Feb 24, 2014
    Messages:
    1,467
    Likes Received:
    5,854
    Location:
    SC Pa
    I still need to record the whole song. Once I do that I'll post it to my Youtube page and we can embed it here. I'll contact Grizzly Adam and he can figure out where to put it. I don't see it getting down till next weekend at the earliest though.
     
  18. savemoney

    savemoney

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    13,470
    Likes Received:
    69,200
    Location:
    Chelsea Maine
    You did a good job with that song. thanks
     
  19. yooperdave

    yooperdave

    Joined:
    Jun 16, 2014
    Messages:
    35,709
    Likes Received:
    224,318
    Location:
    Michigan's U.P.
    Gonna have to start taking and posting pics, I see!
     
  20. savemoney

    savemoney

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    13,470
    Likes Received:
    69,200
    Location:
    Chelsea Maine
    Too windy thins evening for a fire, but there will be other days for it. Still need to fire up my new fire pit and grill.