In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

Karma Husqvarna 141 - needs carb? just pay shipping

Discussion in 'FHC Classifieds' started by basod, Feb 26, 2016.

  1. basod

    basod

    Joined:
    Nov 4, 2013
    Messages:
    5,048
    Likes Received:
    20,841
    Location:
    Mount Cheaha AL
    Cleaning some stuff out of the shop
    Worked on this saw for my old neighbor buddy. I cleaned the carb in ultrasonic cleaner twice, replaced intake boot and impulse tube and new fuel lines/filter. It would start and run if the throttle was feathered but stall wide open. My assumption is some/all of the progressive jets are obstructed
    It had good compression & vacuum check, I'll recheck for specific numbers if needed - but remember its free

    I drilled a hole in the muffler to eliminate possible issues with restriction there and it kind of melted some of the plastic while idle/testing

    Comes with the bar & chain(appears to be Oregon safety) and scabbard.
    I have discounted shipping through UPS so once boxed I can give estimates
     

    Attached Files:

  2. Eric VW

    Eric VW Moderator

    Joined:
    Jan 6, 2015
    Messages:
    24,547
    Likes Received:
    141,556
    Location:
    US
    That's mighty fine of ya basod!:D
    Hope someone can bring it back into full service.
     
  3. bushpilot

    bushpilot

    Joined:
    Feb 25, 2015
    Messages:
    3,240
    Likes Received:
    14,366
    Location:
    Eastern Washington
    Pm sent. Thanks for the generous offer!
     
    wildwest and Eric VW like this.
  4. basod

    basod

    Joined:
    Nov 4, 2013
    Messages:
    5,048
    Likes Received:
    20,841
    Location:
    Mount Cheaha AL
    Saw is spoken for
     
  5. bushpilot

    bushpilot

    Joined:
    Feb 25, 2015
    Messages:
    3,240
    Likes Received:
    14,366
    Location:
    Eastern Washington
    :banana::ups::dancer:

    Thank you basod, this will be very helpful!
     
  6. bushpilot

    bushpilot

    Joined:
    Feb 25, 2015
    Messages:
    3,240
    Likes Received:
    14,366
    Location:
    Eastern Washington
    basod , our friend with the brown truck showed up today! :ups:

    Kobe wants to see what is inside.

    IMG_20160307_174138_hdr.jpg

    Hmm ...

    IMG_20160307_174303.jpg

    Hey, it's orange!

    IMG_20160307_174331.jpg

    Thanks basod!

    IMG_20160307_174436.jpg
     
  7. Eric VW

    Eric VW Moderator

    Joined:
    Jan 6, 2015
    Messages:
    24,547
    Likes Received:
    141,556
    Location:
    US
    Got it running yet?
    :rofl: :lol:
    Come on......hurry it up bushpilot :thumbs:
    :)
     
  8. bushpilot

    bushpilot

    Joined:
    Feb 25, 2015
    Messages:
    3,240
    Likes Received:
    14,366
    Location:
    Eastern Washington
    I'm on it ... @!c VW
     
  9. Eric VW

    Eric VW Moderator

    Joined:
    Jan 6, 2015
    Messages:
    24,547
    Likes Received:
    141,556
    Location:
    US
    Heck yeah, you get 'er done, bud:yes:

    My new screen name:
    @!c VW
    :rofl: :lol:

    I know what ya meant:thumbs:
     
  10. bushpilot

    bushpilot

    Joined:
    Feb 25, 2015
    Messages:
    3,240
    Likes Received:
    14,366
    Location:
    Eastern Washington
    Musta hiccupped or something there. :rofl: :lol:
     
    concretegrazer, wildwest and Eric VW like this.
  11. bushpilot

    bushpilot

    Joined:
    Feb 25, 2015
    Messages:
    3,240
    Likes Received:
    14,366
    Location:
    Eastern Washington
    Today I disassembled the carb, and found some debris in it. Thinking I was on a roll, I cleaned the carb, reassembled, and tried it out. No change. Time to order a new carb. EBay here I come ...
     
    wildwest, HDRock and Eric VW like this.
  12. bushpilot

    bushpilot

    Joined:
    Feb 25, 2015
    Messages:
    3,240
    Likes Received:
    14,366
    Location:
    Eastern Washington
    Got the new carb today, and of course had to install it. After installing, I couldn't get it to start for the world. "Obviously something is wrong," my smart(er) side told my dumb side, after yanking the rope until my arm got sore. Took the top off again, and found the fuel line pinched. 15 minutes later I was cutting wood! :saw: A little carb adjustment and it runs great!:dancer:It will be a great limbing saw.

    Thanks again basod ! Btw, where did you drill a hole in the muffler? I don't see it, but haven't removed the muffler.
     
    Last edited: Mar 16, 2016
  13. HDRock

    HDRock

    Joined:
    Oct 4, 2013
    Messages:
    17,262
    Likes Received:
    60,487
    Location:
    Grand Blanc, MI,
    :thumbs::saw:
     
    Eric VW and wildwest like this.
  14. Eric VW

    Eric VW Moderator

    Joined:
    Jan 6, 2015
    Messages:
    24,547
    Likes Received:
    141,556
    Location:
    US
    Great job, bushpilot :thumbs:
    And a reissued "Kudos" to basod for making this possible:)
     
  15. basod

    basod

    Joined:
    Nov 4, 2013
    Messages:
    5,048
    Likes Received:
    20,841
    Location:
    Mount Cheaha AL
    the hole is under the plastic, closer to the engine, look towards the left hand side, its bored 3/8"
    I assumed the heat shield around the upper part of the muffler would suffice for this small saw - if it ever ran.
     
    wildwest, bushpilot and Eric VW like this.
  16. bushpilot

    bushpilot

    Joined:
    Feb 25, 2015
    Messages:
    3,240
    Likes Received:
    14,366
    Location:
    Eastern Washington
    Thank you.
     
    basod and wildwest like this.