I reload and shoot a lot. When I clean brass for reloading it needs to dry. It takes 3 days on moma's kitchin counter but only overnight on the old Hampton
I think you are okay chief. But probably not too many cook casings on their stoves. Did you get rid of all the snow? How long were you out of power?
I take it you wet tumble. Is there any chance of overheating the brass and making it brittle doing that?
Thanks BS. 'Cause you know I'm not alright. We still have some snow and power was off for about a day. Some 2 days.
Actually I clean in a sonic cleaner and then resize, then sonic clean the lube off and dry tumble. I'm anal about my loads looking like new, or better. No chance for them to get too hot. The Hampton's top is a cast hob spaced above the actual stove top. Fan forced air flows in between. The top of the doesn't even get hot enough to cook on. We have to lift the hob off to cook on the stove top. I checked the temp of the cases and pan, sitting on a trivet. 170 degrees. Dries them out in an hour. Otherwise, bottleneck cases take 3 days laying on the kitchen counter and Momma isn't crazy about that.
I wash and clean my brass trailer park style, vinegar diluted with water, and then a quick dish soap and hot water wash n rinse. I've dried brass in a hurry in loading blocks, with the missus hair drier. Works in a pinch, although your method would be better.
I understand. In 40 years of loading, I have done a little everything. Back when I was young and poor I made my own tumbler. I now have turbo. I hate to throw it away but can't find anyone who wants it. It works great. Just big and ugly.