In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

Ice Storm Coming?

Discussion in 'Everything Else (off topic)' started by thewoodlands, Jan 6, 2014.

  1. thewoodlands

    thewoodlands

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    15,040
    Likes Received:
    62,334
    I saw it on TWC but can't find it online, coming from the south straight up to Michigan.

    I think it was for this weekend.
     
  2. bogydave

    bogydave

    Joined:
    Oct 8, 2013
    Messages:
    10,313
    Likes Received:
    37,218
    Location:
    Alaska, North of Anchorage & South of Fairbanks
    Duck ! Hide !
    Youns have had enough for a while.
     
  3. 343amc

    343amc

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    1,749
    Likes Received:
    5,770
    Location:
    Northeast Lower Michigan
    I heard that on the news tonight. I hope they're wrong.

    They say God will only give you as much as you can handle. He must think we can handle a lot in the northern states this winter. :)
     
    thewoodlands likes this.
  4. Pallet Pete

    Pallet Pete Moderator

    Joined:
    Oct 2, 2013
    Messages:
    13,479
    Likes Received:
    54,102
    Location:
    Ovid
    Say it aint so :eek::rolleyes:
     
  5. bogydave

    bogydave

    Joined:
    Oct 8, 2013
    Messages:
    10,313
    Likes Received:
    37,218
    Location:
    Alaska, North of Anchorage & South of Fairbanks
    It ain't so
     
  6. Gasifier

    Gasifier

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    20,495
    Likes Received:
    104,020
    Location:
    St. Lawrence River Valley, NY
    +1
     
  7. thewoodlands

    thewoodlands

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    15,040
    Likes Received:
    62,334
    I would think we'll see it online in the next day or so.
     
    Pallet Pete likes this.
  8. NortheastAl

    NortheastAl

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    4,887
    Likes Received:
    28,161
    Location:
    Putnam County NY
    You got a target painted on you, Zap? You've had your share of nasty weather this winter. We are definitely seeing strange weather patterns. 50-60 degree temp swings are just nuts.
     
  9. rottiman

    rottiman

    Joined:
    Oct 4, 2013
    Messages:
    14,437
    Likes Received:
    95,936
    Location:
    XXXXXXXXXXX
    I can remember last fall when Zap posted the predicted forcast of a heavy duty winter coming for the northeast. We often laugh off weather predicitions, especially long range ones. Looks like they got this one dead- bang on.
     
    thewoodlands likes this.
  10. papadave

    papadave

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    18,181
    Likes Received:
    82,470
    Location:
    Right where I want to be.
    rottiman, I was thinking the same thing.
    Most of the long range stuff was calling for colder than normal and snow.
    I'd say Ma nature is making those guys look pretty good for a change.
    We need the precip., so I won't complain.....too much.
     
  11. savemoney

    savemoney

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    13,470
    Likes Received:
    69,200
    Location:
    Chelsea Maine
    Temps dropping like that ball on New Year's Eve. Already gone down a few degrees since I got up. Brisk wind making it even worse.
     
  12. Well Seasoned

    Well Seasoned Administrator

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    18,038
    Likes Received:
    83,789
    Location:
    N.H. WMNF
    With weekend highs above freezing, but cold nights, I expect a mess.
     
  13. thewoodlands

    thewoodlands

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    15,040
    Likes Received:
    62,334
    This is headed for the Midwest, I think we'll miss this one.

    I'll take that back, I just watched this video, it's Saturday for us.

    http://www.weather.com/video/weekly-planner-13716?
     
    Last edited: Jan 7, 2014
  14. Pallet Pete

    Pallet Pete Moderator

    Joined:
    Oct 2, 2013
    Messages:
    13,479
    Likes Received:
    54,102
    Location:
    Ovid
    :mad: We don't need more ice!
    image.jpg

    image.jpg

    :confused::mad:
     
  15. thewoodlands

    thewoodlands

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    15,040
    Likes Received:
    62,334
  16. thewoodlands

    thewoodlands

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    15,040
    Likes Received:
    62,334
    I don't like this, almost a .50 inch of rain on Saturday, with the ground frozen it could mean problems.
    • Max UV Index: 1 (Low)
    • Thunderstorms: 1%
    • Precipitation: 0.45 in
    • Rain: 0.45 in
    • Snow: 0 in
    • Ice: 0 in
    • Hours of Precipitation: 7 hrs
    • Hours of Rain: 6 hrs
     
  17. Pallet Pete

    Pallet Pete Moderator

    Joined:
    Oct 2, 2013
    Messages:
    13,479
    Likes Received:
    54,102
    Location:
    Ovid
    We had a nice warm spell that melted most of it but this cold snap has refrozen just about everything. We had birds setting on the chimney cap last night it was so cold.......
     
  18. thewoodlands

    thewoodlands

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    15,040
    Likes Received:
    62,334
    This is for the Massena area north of us on Sunday night, I hope it changes.

    Night
    N
    E
    S
    W
    • S 8 mph
    • Gusts: 22 mph
    An ice storm in the evening; snow, sleet, and freezing rain late
    • Max UV Index: N/A
    • Thunderstorms: 0%
    • Precipitation: 0.71 in
    • Rain: 0 in
    • Snow: 0.12 in
    • Ice: 0.71 in
    • Hours of Precipitation: 7.5 hrs
    • Hours of Rain: 0 hrs