In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

Is everyone ready for the cold frigid temperatures On the way?

Discussion in 'The Wood Pile' started by HDRock, Dec 29, 2013.

  1. papadave

    papadave

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    18,181
    Likes Received:
    82,470
    Location:
    Right where I want to be.
    Hey Joe,
    Where ya' goin',
    With that saw,
    In your hand?
    Welcome aboard from another Northern Michiganderanian. Uh, troll.
    Goin' to cut down an Ash,
    Cause I saw it standin' dead,
    At the back of the land.
    Apologies to Jimi:whistle:
     
    Gark, Oldhippie, Pallet Pete and 7 others like this.
  2. MasterMech

    MasterMech The Mechanical Moderator

    Joined:
    Oct 2, 2013
    Messages:
    9,648
    Likes Received:
    26,044
    Location:
    Greenville County SC
    Glad to have you Joe!

    In other news.... Supposed to be a high temp of 10 here on Friday. With a 22 MPH breeze. That's cold for my neck of the woods for sure.
     
  3. Grizzly Adam

    Grizzly Adam Guest

    I'm there with you guys, but at least I can get the pallets under the stacks as I burn them. Didn't have enough pallets when I started, getting closer!
     
  4. NortheastAl

    NortheastAl

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    4,887
    Likes Received:
    28,161
    Location:
    Putnam County NY
    Friday's overnight is supposed to be -3°. That will be the first negative temp of the season. Way early this year.
     
  5. NortheastAl

    NortheastAl

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    4,887
    Likes Received:
    28,161
    Location:
    Putnam County NY
    Jimi's spinnin' like a lathe right now. Lol.

    damm Dave, you bring back lots of forgotten memories.
     
    Gark and HDRock like this.
  6. raybonz

    raybonz Moderator

    Joined:
    Oct 6, 2013
    Messages:
    4,225
    Likes Received:
    9,758
    Location:
    Carver, Mass.
    Welcome to the forum Joe! Lots of Michigan people here and you'll fit right in..
     
    papadave likes this.
  7. papadave

    papadave

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    18,181
    Likes Received:
    82,470
    Location:
    Right where I want to be.
    Yep, all those old songs keep popping up when I hear a certain phrase or see something that will trigger the old brain cells.
    Anywho, it'll be chilly this week, so the DV heater will be run on the coldest nights to help out.
    damm the gas bill, full speed ahead. See? There's another one, but a movie this time.
    Well, actually, I can run that on the lowest setting and still awake to the house in the upper 60's when it gets this cold.
    With the stove running, of course. Haven't tried it yet w/o the stove burning.
     
    HDRock and NortheastAl like this.
  8. Grizzly Adam

    Grizzly Adam Guest

    I'm the same way, key phrases bring up lyrics.
     
    raybonz and papadave like this.
  9. NortheastAl

    NortheastAl

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    4,887
    Likes Received:
    28,161
    Location:
    Putnam County NY
    On August 5, 1864, David Farragut gave the order to ignore the risks: "damm the torpedoes! Full steam ahead!"
    Can't remember which movie, though. :popcorn:
     
  10. papadave

    papadave

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    18,181
    Likes Received:
    82,470
    Location:
    Right where I want to be.
    Seems like it was used in a 60's war movie that I can't recall at the moment.
    I suppose I could search......
     
    NortheastAl likes this.
  11. papadave

    papadave

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    18,181
    Likes Received:
    82,470
    Location:
    Right where I want to be.
    We have our own Google-fu, except mine's very random.
     
  12. Grizzly Adam

    Grizzly Adam Guest

    Mine brings up a lot of Queen, Roger Waters, and Tom Waits.
     
    Gark likes this.
  13. rookie1

    rookie1

    Joined:
    Dec 29, 2013
    Messages:
    938
    Likes Received:
    2,418
    Hello guys. Im new here,was invited by Dexter, and thought Id check it out. I have heat oil and heat with wood as much as I can to save money. Im a mechanic and am into chainsaws. Hope I can be a help to somebody and meet new friends. Ross
     
    DexterDay, Gark, Pallet Pete and 5 others like this.
  14. Grizzly Adam

    Grizzly Adam Guest

    Hey Ross, mechanic huh? Want to trouble shoot a 99 f150, think its an electrical problem. :)
     
  15. rottiman

    rottiman

    Joined:
    Oct 4, 2013
    Messages:
    14,437
    Likes Received:
    95,936
    Location:
    XXXXXXXXXXX
    Welcome rookie, you have found nirvana, enjoy.............................................
     
  16. raybonz

    raybonz Moderator

    Joined:
    Oct 6, 2013
    Messages:
    4,225
    Likes Received:
    9,758
    Location:
    Carver, Mass.
    Hi Rookie welcome to the forum!
     
    DexterDay likes this.
  17. swags

    swags Moderator

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    4,455
    Likes Received:
    13,240
    Location:
    NE Ohio
    Dex is a great guy, always willing to help some way. Youll love it here.
     
    DexterDay and raybonz like this.
  18. NortheastAl

    NortheastAl

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    4,887
    Likes Received:
    28,161
    Location:
    Putnam County NY
    I tried and couldn't find it. I do remember it from an old movie too.
     
  19. NortheastAl

    NortheastAl

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    4,887
    Likes Received:
    28,161
    Location:
    Putnam County NY
    Hey Rookie, glad to have you aboard. This is a great place to be, especially if you're a little nuts, like the rest of us. :D
     
    savemoney, HDRock and raybonz like this.
  20. Backwoods Savage

    Backwoods Savage Moderator

    Joined:
    Oct 4, 2013
    Messages:
    48,983
    Likes Received:
    312,189
    Location:
    Central MI
    We've been ready for the cold for a long, long time. No problem. And what's this about mud?! We can't even see the ground. No mud around here.

    Best part of this thread is that we now have two new members! Welcome Joe and Ross
     
    Last edited: Dec 30, 2013
    NortheastAl, savemoney, Gark and 2 others like this.