I got chased from the woods by the wind but I did clear a storm damaged Basswood and a small Pine from the trails. The Basswood had some wicked pressure near the top where it fell onto another tree, when I cut it loose after limbing it up, it went back seven feet with some wicked force.
Nice work. Gotta watch those spring board trees/branches. I guess this slight cold front is pushing through creating some nasty winds. Good choice waiting until it's safer to be in the woods.
I'll hit some trails today that I couldn't get to yesterday, I'm thinking we lost a tree or two up top.
Nice trail work there. Those were some high winds yesterday. Glad they were not any stronger than that.
I took a rake,shovel and a mattock back in the woods to do some trail work, I took 3 half loads of dirt and 3 full loads of pine needles to fill this hole which will become part of our trail in this area. The old trail was okay for the rhino but not so good for the sleds, I'll take a load of pine needles back in each day when I start cutting again until it's finished.
We have a 10 HP DR Chipper, I'll be checking the oil in that and then get rid of a pile of Pine branches.
Pic 9648 is the load of chips I did yesterday, pic 9649 is the load from today, in pic 9650 you can see the new chips from Saturday and Sundays work and the last pic is where I want to put a few more loads on before the snow comes. This trail use to be lower on the outside of the trail (on the right when going up the trail) but with the work I did in May and this weekend it's much better.