I'm pulling away, big motivation LOL Think it's photo-shopped ? Definitely don't want a flat tire. Just got tougher tires, after having a few flats.
Did get 23 miles last night, try out new tires,' thunder storm came thru, cut the ride short , had lightning but just a few drops of rain/ Thought I was gonna get hammered with rain & be an wet old man on an aluminum bike actin like a lightning rod 7 more fires started in AK from lightning yesterday. One just N of me, causing evacuations, lost several structures, " Sockeye fire" started in Kashwhitna where I launch the boat . Bad wind blew it south, wind died down now it's heading N. a buddy that lives in the area is storing some stuff here just in case.
Heard about the fires up there Dave. Not good for sure and summer is just starting. On the picture, it is funny but something else is funny and that is seeing how the man is dressed. Riding in that cold one needs a bit more covering. Dave, you can also buy special tubes or even liners for the tires that do good. Of course they all add weight. I remember one summer when money was a little tight so I was trying to make tires and tubes last. I really got tired of fixing flats along side of the road that year. And all my tubes looked like they were mostly patches....but I still rode 5,600 miles that summer.
Breaking high temp records. Kinda nice, but the fire danger high. Yea, notice the summer outfit on the rider, less to peel of to start eating. LOL At 40 lbs with the parts, rear rack & stuff, adding some weight to the mt bike not an issue. Be nice to have the $$ to have a light carbon , comfortable bike but aluminum comfortable for me works for what I do. Not competitive, fun & exercise, Not that I wouldn't like to be able to go farther & faster but happy with what I got. If I get near 2000 miles this summer I'll be happy, at 547 now. Parts are a bit worn now, mine, not the bikes LOL