In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

Tomorrow is the Day

Discussion in 'The Game Room' started by Grizzly Adam, Feb 27, 2015.

  1. Grizzly Adam

    Grizzly Adam Guest

    That I have my pistol training which will fulfill the criteria to get my carry permit. Plus, range time with my own piece. I also heard that there will be pizza!
     
  2. bocefus78

    bocefus78

    Joined:
    Oct 14, 2013
    Messages:
    3,694
    Likes Received:
    19,840
    Location:
    Indiana
    :rootintootin: Congrats! What are you shooting, the buckmark?
     
    wildwest likes this.
  3. Grizzly Adam

    Grizzly Adam Guest

    Yep, its the only pistol I have and it's a pistol class.
     
    My IS heats my home and wildwest like this.
  4. bocefus78

    bocefus78

    Joined:
    Oct 14, 2013
    Messages:
    3,694
    Likes Received:
    19,840
    Location:
    Indiana
    What all do you have to do to get your permit there?

    Here in Indiana, its just a background check, some $ to the county, and some more $ to the state. No classes, test, or anything.
     
    My IS heats my home, BCB and wildwest like this.
  5. papadave

    papadave

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    18,181
    Likes Received:
    82,470
    Location:
    Right where I want to be.
    Pizza and firearms.
    Dang near a perfect combo.
     
  6. Grizzly Adam

    Grizzly Adam Guest

    One class and then buy the permit.
     
    wildwest likes this.
  7. bassJAM

    bassJAM

    Joined:
    Mar 20, 2014
    Messages:
    1,999
    Likes Received:
    6,021
    Location:
    Cincinnati, OH
    Sounds like a good time! Are you getting a carry piece eventually? Not that a Buckmark couldn't do the job...lol
     
    wildwest likes this.
  8. mike bayerl

    mike bayerl

    Joined:
    Nov 15, 2014
    Messages:
    3,924
    Likes Received:
    22,456
    Location:
    Central PA
    :thumbs:
    Be safe, always.
     
    wildwest and concretegrazer like this.
  9. Grizzly Adam

    Grizzly Adam Guest

    In Iowa we have to have a permit to use handgun anywhere public, including hunting grounds and such, which are an option in the off season for target practice. Also, with coyote issues I wouldnt mind having the buckmark loaded as a quick grab.
     
    My IS heats my home and wildwest like this.
  10. bassJAM

    bassJAM

    Joined:
    Mar 20, 2014
    Messages:
    1,999
    Likes Received:
    6,021
    Location:
    Cincinnati, OH
    Thanks for the info, I didn't know that.
     
    wildwest likes this.
  11. Woodchuck

    Woodchuck

    Joined:
    Dec 16, 2014
    Messages:
    831
    Likes Received:
    3,217
    Location:
    Southeastern Ohio
    Congratulations Grizz...The training is kind of fun. I took the Ohio course back in 2004 and have renewed it twice
     
    wildwest likes this.
  12. Grizzly Adam

    Grizzly Adam Guest

    My brother urged me to just take the online course, but I thought this would be a good experience.
     
  13. Beetle-Kill

    Beetle-Kill

    Joined:
    Nov 23, 2013
    Messages:
    4,102
    Likes Received:
    19,559
    Location:
    Near the Divide, Colorado
    You'll have fun and a better understanding of stuff with a hands on course.
    Just don't try to get competitive with the other shooters. Learn and familiarize yourself with the Buckmark first.
    Competition comes later. Good luck and have fun.
     
    Grizzly Adam likes this.
  14. My IS heats my home

    My IS heats my home

    Joined:
    Dec 1, 2013
    Messages:
    7,394
    Likes Received:
    17,655
    Location:
    Albany, NH
    Congrats Grizz. Range time is fun, my son and I go on the regular and enjoy each other's company. It can be an expensive pass time/hobby unless you reload or have a good spot to get your rounds.
     
    wildwest likes this.
  15. Grizzly Adam

    Grizzly Adam Guest

    And I got my certificate. Need to get to the Sheriff's office next week to file paperwork.
     
  16. My IS heats my home

    My IS heats my home

    Joined:
    Dec 1, 2013
    Messages:
    7,394
    Likes Received:
    17,655
    Location:
    Albany, NH
    deadeye grizz!
     
    wildwest and Beetle-Kill like this.
  17. bocefus78

    bocefus78

    Joined:
    Oct 14, 2013
    Messages:
    3,694
    Likes Received:
    19,840
    Location:
    Indiana
    :yes: Congrats!
     
    wildwest likes this.
  18. Grizzly Adam

    Grizzly Adam Guest

    Thanks guys.
     
    wildwest and Beetle-Kill like this.
  19. Beetle-Kill

    Beetle-Kill

    Joined:
    Nov 23, 2013
    Messages:
    4,102
    Likes Received:
    19,559
    Location:
    Near the Divide, Colorado
    Did you learn anything new? Congrats, BTW.
     
    wildwest likes this.
  20. Grizzly Adam

    Grizzly Adam Guest

    Yeah, I learned that I have another class in April to get my Utah.
     
    wildwest likes this.