In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

I'm running out of room

Discussion in 'Everything Else (off topic)' started by DaveGunter, Feb 4, 2015.

  1. DaveGunter

    DaveGunter

    Joined:
    Oct 5, 2013
    Messages:
    3,894
    Likes Received:
    22,936
    Location:
    Far Away Ranch, Meadowbrook Forest
    for all this frickin snow

    image.jpg

    and we're getting another 10" tonight


    image.jpg


    image.jpg


    so I did the unthinkable, and started putting it IN the woodshed:eek:


    image.jpg
     
    rottiman, FarmHand78, Horkn and 8 others like this.
  2. Stinny

    Stinny

    Joined:
    Oct 29, 2013
    Messages:
    14,138
    Likes Received:
    60,665
    Location:
    western Maine
    I think we've now had around 40" in 12 days. How about you Dave? Looks as tho you might have a little more? Ma Nature is kicking my azz too. After we get the snow removed... there's no more yahoo left in me to go have fun in it... :whistle: :BrianK:
     
  3. Well Seasoned

    Well Seasoned Administrator

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    18,038
    Likes Received:
    83,789
    Location:
    N.H. WMNF
    Wait till the beginning of next week guys. Another big one.....

    I'd start looking into the tunnel system.
     
  4. splitoak

    splitoak

    Joined:
    May 12, 2014
    Messages:
    1,291
    Likes Received:
    2,461
    Location:
    jefferson co wv
    Snow is cool...but that much just sucks:headbang:
     
    Horkn, DaveGunter, Stinny and 3 others like this.
  5. papadave

    papadave

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    18,181
    Likes Received:
    82,470
    Location:
    Right where I want to be.
    Yep, it's pretty bad when your driveway goes from almost 20' wide (wider in spots) down to just enough room to get the car/truck/Jeep through.
     
  6. Greenstick

    Greenstick

    Joined:
    Oct 4, 2014
    Messages:
    2,400
    Likes Received:
    12,276
    Location:
    Carrington North Dakota-aka-Dakotah Territory
    Just hope you have an early but slow melt so u don't flood.
     
  7. Stinny

    Stinny

    Joined:
    Oct 29, 2013
    Messages:
    14,138
    Likes Received:
    60,665
    Location:
    western Maine
    Same here. I didn't start out the season plowing back enough. I'm lucky to have plenty of room... just didn't plan on 3 winter's of snow in one... maybe I shoulda held off on all those snow dances... :whistle:
    Been trying to come up with a "tool" to clamp onto the JD bucket to help knock down the tops of the banks.
     
  8. papadave

    papadave

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    18,181
    Likes Received:
    82,470
    Location:
    Right where I want to be.
    We haven't really had enough snow to bother plowing, although I could have on the last snow we got. That was between 5-6", and I didn't bother messing with it.
    It packs down real nice if you drive over it enough.:thumbs::rofl: :lol:
     
  9. yooperdave

    yooperdave

    Joined:
    Jun 16, 2014
    Messages:
    35,713
    Likes Received:
    224,337
    Location:
    Michigan's U.P.
    I f your driveway is of any significant length, will the county widen it for you? They will do that around here after you sign a release...They will plow driveways only after everything else is done-part of your taxes. We used to be signed up for it all winter long.
     
  10. eatonpcat

    eatonpcat

    Joined:
    Oct 5, 2013
    Messages:
    10,278
    Likes Received:
    58,474
    Location:
    Eaton Township, OH
    Wish they did that here!!
     
    Horkn and Well Seasoned like this.
  11. Stinny

    Stinny

    Joined:
    Oct 29, 2013
    Messages:
    14,138
    Likes Received:
    60,665
    Location:
    western Maine
    I think all we'd get here in Maine are strange looks, if we ever asked to have our driveways plowed... :rofl: :lol:
     
    milleo, DaveGunter, papadave and 2 others like this.
  12. yooperdave

    yooperdave

    Joined:
    Jun 16, 2014
    Messages:
    35,713
    Likes Received:
    224,337
    Location:
    Michigan's U.P.
    Yeah I can understand that. You never know what you'll see in someone's yard!
    [​IMG]
     
  13. Stinny

    Stinny

    Joined:
    Oct 29, 2013
    Messages:
    14,138
    Likes Received:
    60,665
    Location:
    western Maine
    :rofl: :lol: ... is he the road commissioner?
     
  14. Backwoods Savage

    Backwoods Savage Moderator

    Joined:
    Oct 4, 2013
    Messages:
    48,979
    Likes Received:
    312,156
    Location:
    Central MI
    And in some areas of the UP, they will plow for x dollars per year. Depends upon how long the driveway is. Still, most of that gets done after the roads get cleared.
     
    Horkn, Well Seasoned and Stinny like this.
  15. papadave

    papadave

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    18,181
    Likes Received:
    82,470
    Location:
    Right where I want to be.
    I'll never un-see that.:headbang:
    Someone could poke out my eyes right now, and that pic would still be there.:hair:
    I need drugs or something.
     
    jetjr, Horkn, Well Seasoned and 2 others like this.
  16. Fanatical1

    Fanatical1

    Joined:
    Feb 10, 2014
    Messages:
    2,688
    Likes Received:
    12,293
    Location:
    Ohio
    That's a Michigan thing, you make the most out winter/snow/beer (I used to live there!). What's the broom for?
     
    Horkn and Stinny like this.
  17. Fanatical1

    Fanatical1

    Joined:
    Feb 10, 2014
    Messages:
    2,688
    Likes Received:
    12,293
    Location:
    Ohio
    Horkn, DaveGunter and Stinny like this.
  18. DaveGunter

    DaveGunter

    Joined:
    Oct 5, 2013
    Messages:
    3,894
    Likes Received:
    22,936
    Location:
    Far Away Ranch, Meadowbrook Forest
    It's a path to the walk out, how I get the wood into the basement , stove is in the basement. It does turn into a bit of a racetrack for the hounds, the compost bin is down at the end and the squirrels are in and out of it all the time. The males don't seem to mind the deep snow, they will let loose with their business deep in the snow:eek:, the females on the other hand will go on the porch:mad:


    I hear ya Stinny, about the time I get done cleaning up, the hounds are ready for a romp in the woods, but I'm beat. I did manage to make some tracks in the woods this afternoon, snowshoes are a must, there are some monster drifts out there.
     
    Horkn, Fanatical1 and Stinny like this.
  19. yooperdave

    yooperdave

    Joined:
    Jun 16, 2014
    Messages:
    35,713
    Likes Received:
    224,337
    Location:
    Michigan's U.P.
    Who was it that posted pics sitting in a snow filled yard in lawn chairs about 2-3 weeks (or longer) ago? Wasn't that stinny?
     
    Stinny and papadave like this.
  20. papadave

    papadave

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    18,181
    Likes Received:
    82,470
    Location:
    Right where I want to be.
    Yep.
     
    Stinny likes this.