Yesterday was one week of burning with the hastings so i figured i'd give it a good cleaning. I let the stove shut down and cool off then opened the door to clean around the burn pot. I knocked whatever fly as was on top into the ash pan and cleaned behind the two ash traps in the back. The ash pan was about 1/2 full from a weeks worth of on and off burning (mainly evenings and mornings), not bad right? It took me all of 10-15 mins to clean it out. Oh and i also adjusted the draft trim for the level 1 setting since i have a long vertical chimney. Seems to burn alot better on 1 now but it's usually set on 2 or 3. Think i'm doing pretty good so far. Remember what this stove looked like when i got it?? For those of you that missed my tear down and clean thread. Pics on first page about halfway down http://firewoodhoardersclub.com/forums/threads/st-croix-hastings.6074/
I probably didn't even need to clean it as much as i did but i don't want to get in the habit of putting it off. Rather just keep her running clean and hot