In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

The Clean Up.

Discussion in 'The Wood Pile' started by thewoodlands, Nov 17, 2013.

  1. thewoodlands

    thewoodlands

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    15,040
    Likes Received:
    62,334
    I should have done this last year but I did it today, this wood has been stacked for three years before it fell over, it's cherry,beech,sugar maple & some red maple.

    We'll see how long it takes to dry out, it took two loads to fill this stack.
     

    Attached Files:

  2. Gasifier

    Gasifier

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    20,495
    Likes Received:
    104,020
    Location:
    St. Lawrence River Valley, NY
    Good work woodlands. Is it raining up your way yet? We have had it rain off and on since late morning.
     
  3. thewoodlands

    thewoodlands

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    15,040
    Likes Received:
    62,334
    Thanks Gas, same here with the rain.
     
  4. Well Seasoned

    Well Seasoned Administrator

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    18,038
    Likes Received:
    83,789
    Location:
    N.H. WMNF
    Nice work. That last stack looks cool.
     
    papadave and thewoodlands like this.
  5. thewoodlands

    thewoodlands

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    15,040
    Likes Received:
    62,334
    I think the wood on the left is dead Elm I cut in late spring. I'll give two weeks to dry out, I might burn it this year, if I don't then we'll flame it up in the spring.
     
    papadave likes this.
  6. Pallet Pete

    Pallet Pete Moderator

    Joined:
    Oct 2, 2013
    Messages:
    13,479
    Likes Received:
    54,102
    Location:
    Ovid
    Looks good TW. How much do you process in a year ?
     
  7. thewoodlands

    thewoodlands

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    15,040
    Likes Received:
    62,334
    I'm thinking so far this year I c/s close to seven cord, most of it is stacked except for the shoulder season wood. If the weather lets me, I'll cut more.

    I'll get a better count next weekend.
     
    Pallet Pete likes this.
  8. bogydave

    bogydave

    Joined:
    Oct 8, 2013
    Messages:
    10,313
    Likes Received:
    37,218
    Location:
    Alaska, North of Anchorage & South of Fairbanks
    Woods;
    Your stacks always look perfect
    Nice pictures too.
     
  9. Certified106

    Certified106

    Joined:
    Oct 17, 2013
    Messages:
    4,172
    Likes Received:
    11,912
    Location:
    In The Hills
    I agree with Bogeydave, your stacks always look beautiful. Nice work
     
  10. Gasifier

    Gasifier

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    20,495
    Likes Received:
    104,020
    Location:
    St. Lawrence River Valley, NY
    His wife's carries a 4 foot level and plumb bob with her when she comes into the woods to check on him. He knows he better have them stacks looking perfect.
     
  11. thewoodlands

    thewoodlands

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    15,040
    Likes Received:
    62,334
    The wind did take the tarp off, I just hope it's behind the stack.

    I just noticed that I left my maul out all night.
     
  12. thewoodlands

    thewoodlands

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    15,040
    Likes Received:
    62,334
    The key word, look.:eek:
     
  13. thewoodlands

    thewoodlands

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    15,040
    Likes Received:
    62,334
    Pic 8199 is the stack the fell over :confused:two days after Mrs. & Mr. Sav made a visit, it's the first time stacking in that area since the jinx.
     
  14. Woodwidow

    Woodwidow

    Joined:
    Oct 4, 2013
    Messages:
    15,520
    Likes Received:
    95,558
    Location:
    Port McNeill, BC Northern Vancouver Island
    When I see stacks like that, I think " What a lot of work". I don't stack 12" or 16" splits very well. Campinspecter has come home to a few of my stacks fallen down which took down his stacks. The 22 - 24" splits we stack now are a lot easier.
     
    thewoodlands and campinspecter like this.