In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

Kubotas at play. Er, I mean work!

Discussion in 'Chainsaws and Power Equipment' started by Warner, Jan 20, 2018.

  1. RCBS

    RCBS

    Joined:
    Jan 22, 2016
    Messages:
    6,337
    Likes Received:
    31,522
    Location:
    Over here
  2. Canadian border VT

    Canadian border VT

    Joined:
    Feb 18, 2015
    Messages:
    19,643
    Likes Received:
    130,648
    Location:
    Vermont
    That is a calendar worthy pic :yes: RCBS
     
    metalcuttr, T.Jeff Veal, Chud and 2 others like this.
  3. RCBS

    RCBS

    Joined:
    Jan 22, 2016
    Messages:
    6,337
    Likes Received:
    31,522
    Location:
    Over here
    Just rolled 1450 hours. It's been a very good tractor to me.
     
    metalcuttr, T.Jeff Veal, Chud and 2 others like this.
  4. lukem

    lukem

    Joined:
    Oct 4, 2013
    Messages:
    12,283
    Likes Received:
    66,652
    Location:
    IN
  5. lukem

    lukem

    Joined:
    Oct 4, 2013
    Messages:
    12,283
    Likes Received:
    66,652
    Location:
    IN
  6. lukem

    lukem

    Joined:
    Oct 4, 2013
    Messages:
    12,283
    Likes Received:
    66,652
    Location:
    IN
    Walnut log rescue.
     

    Attached Files:

    metalcuttr, RCBS, Chaz and 3 others like this.
  7. Trueg50

    Trueg50

    Joined:
    Oct 31, 2020
    Messages:
    56
    Likes Received:
    411
    Location:
    Essex, VT
    Wrapping up the logs I skidded out over the winter, I saved the biggest red oak and sugar maples for last. Thankfully the Kubota pitched in for those, acting as log lift and table space.

    20260912_110334.jpg 20260912_111055.jpg
     
    metalcuttr, RCBS, Chaz and 6 others like this.
  8. T.Jeff Veal

    T.Jeff Veal

    Joined:
    Oct 8, 2015
    Messages:
    29,513
    Likes Received:
    188,936
    Location:
    Country life, Ga
    Well done, sir
     
    metalcuttr, Chaz, Chud and 2 others like this.
  9. T.Jeff Veal

    T.Jeff Veal

    Joined:
    Oct 8, 2015
    Messages:
    29,513
    Likes Received:
    188,936
    Location:
    Country life, Ga
    L4802 unloading our new no-till grain drill. It weighs 1500lbs. All it wanted... Messenger_creation_8990044D-A221-43D8-8CD9-5832FFBED84E.jpeg
     
    Chvymn99, metalcuttr, RCBS and 9 others like this.
  10. T.Jeff Veal

    T.Jeff Veal

    Joined:
    Oct 8, 2015
    Messages:
    29,513
    Likes Received:
    188,936
    Location:
    Country life, Ga
    Put the L4802 to work with the Frontier harrow. Plowed down the foot plots that the hogs had tore up. Didn't have to use the seat belt, but thankful for cruise control and differential lock...
     
  11. RCBS

    RCBS

    Joined:
    Jan 22, 2016
    Messages:
    6,337
    Likes Received:
    31,522
    Location:
    Over here
    What is listed capacity for the unit? (I consider your description + listed capacity to be good reference)
     
    T.Jeff Veal, Chaz and metalcuttr like this.
  12. T.Jeff Veal

    T.Jeff Veal

    Joined:
    Oct 8, 2015
    Messages:
    29,513
    Likes Received:
    188,936
    Location:
    Country life, Ga
    Specs say max lift at pin is 1675 lbs, so I think with the weight way out front was a big load.
     
    eatonpcat, RCBS and Chvymn99 like this.
  13. RCBS

    RCBS

    Joined:
    Jan 22, 2016
    Messages:
    6,337
    Likes Received:
    31,522
    Location:
    Over here
    Where did you notice most? Rear getting light, or hydraulics working hard to lift? Both?
     
    eatonpcat and T.Jeff Veal like this.
  14. T.Jeff Veal

    T.Jeff Veal

    Joined:
    Oct 8, 2015
    Messages:
    29,513
    Likes Received:
    188,936
    Location:
    Country life, Ga
    Mostly hydraulics were slow, had to lift front of planter of trailer then curl back to get rear off trailer.
     
    eatonpcat and RCBS like this.
  15. RCBS

    RCBS

    Joined:
    Jan 22, 2016
    Messages:
    6,337
    Likes Received:
    31,522
    Location:
    Over here
    Similar experience for when I have a full bucket of wet crick shale on front of the BX. It'll do it, just slowly even when RPMs are up.
     
    eatonpcat likes this.
  16. lukem

    lukem

    Joined:
    Oct 4, 2013
    Messages:
    12,283
    Likes Received:
    66,652
    Location:
    IN
    Picking pallets of sawmill firewood is usually about all mine will handle. If I have to lift then curl to get it off the trailer deck most times I'll lift a back tire. I could use a little more ballast than the box blade but like keeping it light(ish) for the yard and the woods.
     
  17. RCBS

    RCBS

    Joined:
    Jan 22, 2016
    Messages:
    6,337
    Likes Received:
    31,522
    Location:
    Over here
    Been researching some JD compacts with loaders. Consensus seems to be that JD sets the pump pressure low from factory. Many have bought a gauge and 'turned up' their pressures and are still within operating spec get get better lift capability.
     
    eatonpcat likes this.
  18. lukem

    lukem

    Joined:
    Oct 4, 2013
    Messages:
    12,283
    Likes Received:
    66,652
    Location:
    IN
    I put a gauge on mine and it was right at spec. I figured it would be a little low. But now I have a gauge and a some shims if the pressure drops I can measure and fix it.
     
    eatonpcat and Canadian border VT like this.
  19. morningwood

    morningwood

    Joined:
    Oct 17, 2022
    Messages:
    435
    Likes Received:
    2,087
    Location:
    Ohio
    More lift = more weight you need to hang off of the back. More weight = more stress on the front end too. Believe that's why T.Jeff Veal went with a bigger tractor this time. Mine will barely lift 2k but my a$$ end is barely on the ground with a 6' Wood brush cutter hanging off the back.
     
    eatonpcat and RCBS like this.