In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

What's up today (bullchiting) thread.

Discussion in 'Everything Else (off topic)' started by Gasifier, Oct 6, 2013.

1. yooperdave

yooperdave

Yeah, I know.....right?

It's just that I have such bad timing that whenever I pass a construction site, it always seems that at least some workers are on a break of some sort! :rofl: :lol:

Quite a number of my friends worked for the road commission. One of them was a new hire and as he was welcomed onto the road crew he was told he had to buy T-shirts with the pockets sewn on upside down. You know, the ones that you can stick the shovel handle into them while you're standing around?

Another time, every time they stopped to fill some pot holes, himself and 2 others would get out, grab the shovels and start filling holes with road patch. The other 2 would stop right away and light up a cigarette while he kept working.....since he was new. After the 3rd or 4th time this happened, he too stopped working, grabbed himself a stick of gum and joined them standing around.

They asked him why aren't you working?

Well, you two aren't working.

We're taking a smoke break.

Well, I don't smoke but I'll join you with a stick of gum. :D

2. wildwest

wildwest Moderator

:D

3. wildwest

wildwest Moderator

It went great! He showed me a short video of her, holy cow that gun is almost as tall as her there's my little girl (litterally, she's small, not even 5') shooting it!!! We'll see how her shoulder is this afternoon and tomorrow morning :)

Last edited: Aug 29, 2024 at 5:21 PM
  4. 41FanForLife

41FanForLife

Good friend let me borrow this FMP 9mm. Shot it @ the Central Pa GTG. Been sitting here since then. Gotta take it home tonight. Fits perfectly in the Harley Tour Pack. IMG_20240829_170810984.jpg

5. savemoney

savemoney

Been very cool here these past few days. Tonight is predicted to be in the 40's Was 69 F at two pm today. They have been saying how hot the country is now, but not that way here. We are getting the cool Canadian air. Last week, it was smoke from the Canadian forest burning up somewhere and the smoke drifting here.

6. brenndatomu

brenndatomu

Sounds a lot nicer than the mid 90s we've had all week...plus humidity! :faint:

7. TrinitySouth99

TrinitySouth99

So, my assistant got another job. The hours are such that he can continue to work with me, and is being kind enough to do so, at somewhat reduced hours, for as long as needed, until someone else is hired and settled in.

I have to admit, I'm wondering this is not the right time for me to move on as well. I've got a lot going through my mind.

8. billb3

billb3

Finally some cooler weather here.

Sister home from the hospital. Her insurance would pay for no more so they released her. Apparently that's an option now. Or I'm not getting the whole story.

Mom: Can you fix my laptop?
    Me: You have a laptop ?
    Mom: I haven't used it for a while.
    (Goes home and finds a charger because she can't find hers.)
    Me: Let me look. What's your password.
    Enters password. Dozens of windows pop up looking for even more passwords. None of the passwords work. Laptop was last turned on Dec, 29, 2016,
    Me: where did you use this last ?
    MOM: At my desk.
    Me: Is your charger there ?
    Finds charger still plugged in from 2016.
    It may be a good thing it can't find an internet connection.
    It has been 11 years since I wiped a drive and reinstalled an OS. and that may be my easiest and maybe safest option.
    I'm such a lucky guy.

Last edited: Aug 29, 2024 at 7:16 PM
  9. wildwest

wildwest Moderator

:popcorn:

TrinitySouth99 and Horkn like this.
  10. 41FanForLife

41FanForLife

Definitely beyond my scope of computer knowledge. Good luck.

Last edited: Aug 29, 2024 at 10:43 PM
  11. Gasifier

Gasifier

I might be able to get some exercise and tractor time in tomorrow. Fingers crossed. Then spend the evening with my Mother. She has made some progress physically, has put her Walker to the side and is walking where she wants to go. Cognitively seems to go up and down.

12. Jeffrey Svoboda

Jeffrey Svoboda

He's smarter than me.... lol. I started smoking to get a break with everyone and kinda fit in. Luckily i quit that bad habit and now just do my own thing.

13. brenndatomu

brenndatomu

I guess I'm fortunate...as a kid any campfire I was near smoked me out, no matter where I sat...then later when offered cigs I was like "now why in the world would I want to volunteer to suck smoke?!"

14. Jeffrey Svoboda

Jeffrey Svoboda

Man i just remember how cool people smoking on tv was portrayed. Whether commercials, tv shows, or movies. Plus alot of people in my family smoked, including my dad so i was always around it. I joke sometimes that the smell of my childhood was stale cigarette smoke and laundry detergent. I swore as a kid i would never smoke cigarettes but one day it bit me. Was shortly after i started a new job. The buddy who got me the job offered one and i said why not, everone else is out there. Luckily my ex made me quit. Guess she could be thanked for something. Lol

15. Horkn

Horkn

I'm jealous. My mom's worse.

16. bogieb

bogieb

I keep thinking I should do something with my 2013 laptop. It's been probably right around 2 years since I used it last. I used to take it with me when I visited my family in KS, or every once in a while for doing some browsing while in the living room. But, since I got my Kindle Fire August of 2022 (had too, they quit supporting the Original Kindle that I had so it would no longer download books), I think I've turned the laptop on to update like once or twice. The Kindle is good enough for doing my forum browsing when I'm away from home, or do quick searches when I'm on my couch. And I got a keyboard/mouse for it that I use while I'm on trips. I have kept the laptop plugged in, but I shudder to think what kinds of updates it needs now - it was always very slow to begin with. I think I can still find my password to it :D

Horkn, wildwest, billb3 and 4 others like this.
  17. chris

chris

2013 lap top likely no support for it anymore . It eally dosen't matter that much as half of the time various up dates create more problems than the update was worth. I only run older used equipment now days, too expensive chasing latest and greatest . heck i have one unit running Win 98 yet. 2 desk tops andpne lap unit running Win 7. Anything above 7 requires a ton of memory because of the fluff that isn't needed.

18. 41FanForLife

41FanForLife

Working on my wife's Walnut and Maple cutting board. All sanded and the first coat of oil is on. Looking pretty good. IMG_20240830_102904923_HDR.jpg

TrinitySouth99, JD Guy, Horkn and 8 others like this.
  19. eatonpcat

eatonpcat

20. 41FanForLife

41FanForLife

Thank you

Horkn, wildwest, eatonpcat and 2 others like this.