Im not having much luck finding decent pellets in my area (natures own at Lowe's and easy heat at tsc). From what I read the hastings I picked up is kind of picky. I managed to track down a shipment of potomacs coming to a business near me this week. Anyone have experience with these pellets and how do they burn? Thanks!
I believe they're pine and got decent reviews. I'm sure someone that has burned them will chime in...
Whatever you do, don't buy the Nature's own or Easy Heats. Those are the 2 worst pellets I have ever burned. Jay or someone who has burned them should be able to give you an accurate review.
I have burned them and not half bad IMHO. Decent heat and pretty clean burning. Sister pellet is Independent brand. Southern Yellow pine softwoods. I'd give them an above average 4 star rating! I burned Natures own and found them to be on par with something like Stove Chow. Nature's Own is another Premier pellet brand. Its the Nature's Heat by Pennington I'd steer clear of.
Just realized I didn't post this in the pellet bag. Feel free to move it! I only bought 2 bags of each brand just to test run in the stove. Neither of them had very good reviews online. The guy getting the potomac's says they're a "premium" pellet and a local stove dealer gets their supply from him so I guess I'll go grab a few bags.
That's the way to go test a few of everything you can get your hands on to see what your stove likes then kick back with a few
I think there's another pellet out there that has a similar name but they absolutely suck. Nature's Heat or something like that. Anyone else seen them?
Yup...Nature's Heat = Pennington's.....I won't EVEN go there after what I went through a few years back with them...
When i showed up looking for potomac pellets they guy said " we only sell Independence brand". So i took a look at the bag and they're just rebagged potomacs (southern yellow pine like you said JT and smoke). The brochure they had claimed they're only .35% ash so i grabbed 10 bags to give em a try. I paid $5.68bag, ok deal??