Oh, you wanted to know how they were. Pretty good, but I cooked them too hot so they weren't done in the middle. Gave them a short sentience in the microwave and all was well.
I tried them, but won't due them again. Seemed like too much hassle for the result I got. Had the same uncooked result. I will say they made divine home fries in the morning!
I want to try them again over a better controlled fire. They weren't much trouble for me, I had the old lady do the carving.
Ill be trying that WW! Imagine the topping that could go with that! Sour cream & chive..... bacon and cheddar...... gravy......
Went back and found the pic you posted of the potato. It looks real good - too bad it wasn't cooked in the center. Campinspecter is going to try cooking potatoes this way after he finishes firing the boiler tomorrow. I will let you know how they did.
We bake em like that all the time! To get them fully cooked, either nuke em like lukem said or just bake them lower and slower. Also make sure your slices are all the same thickness. That will help cook everything evenly. When it's done i cut my butter in thin strips and lay it over top. Melts right in between each slice
Yes we have done that a couple times had the same problem with not cooking through in the middle. I would say nuke them or cook them lower and slower as stated before. They do turn out good though definitely worth the little bit of extra trouble.
Something about anything, potatoes, chicken, or even buns baked in the burn chamber after the fire is out, has that baked in the fire flavor! I know - no picture, it didn't happen! It happened and they were Good!
yes, they were awesome even though they had cooled a bit before we ate them. The even all round heat had them cooked in about 50 mins. Next campfire cooking I am going to wrap potatoes cut like this in tin foil and put them in the cooking can in the fire. Grizzly - yours look pretty nice as well.