A friend dropped by yesterday with an old saw he had found in his tool shed. Had no use for it so he asked if I wanted it so I said.....Yes! Getting so many old saws and hand saws that I will have to knuckle down and design some cool metal cutting into them!
I assume that having a name here like you do ; well you probably cut metal. I have an old saw I was thinking about doing it with but hate to cut up a saw that maybe I shouldn't cut up. I was going to either cut it in the water jet or maybe laser etch it but haven't gotten that far ; too busy lately.
Hey buzz-saw ,I have a CNC plasma table (hobby). I know what you mean about not wanting to cut up an antique. In the past I have actually drawn and cut a complete new saw blade out of mild steel similar to the antique that someone has brought in. That way they get a cool looking wall hanging just like the original. Sort of a "save your cake but eat it too" kind of deal. There are pictures banging around somewhere on the site of one of my fake saws. The saw I just got is still serviceable with a small amount of touch up work. Maybe I'd better keep it for when all of our chainsaw fuel dries up due to the Corona virus.
I never thought of cutting out a fake saw to make into a sign/wall hanging sort of thing. Great idea. Now you have me thinking. Did you write a program for the ones you cut out?