In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

Old saw freebe!

Discussion in 'Axes, Mauls, and Hand Saws' started by metalcuttr, Mar 4, 2020.

1. metalcuttr

metalcuttr

A friend dropped by yesterday with an old saw he had found in his tool shed. Had no use for it so he asked if I wanted it so I said.....Yes! Getting so many old saws and hand saws that I will have to knuckle down and design some cool metal cutting into them! freesaw.jpg

2. buzz-saw

buzz-saw

I assume that having a name here like you do ; well you probably cut metal.
    I have an old saw I was thinking about doing it with but hate to cut up a saw that maybe I shouldn't cut up.

I was going to either cut it in the water jet or maybe laser etch it but haven't gotten that far ; too busy lately.

3. metalcuttr

metalcuttr

Hey buzz-saw ,I have a CNC plasma table (hobby). I know what you mean about not wanting to cut up an antique. In the past I have actually drawn and cut a complete new saw blade out of mild steel similar to the antique that someone has brought in. That way they get a cool looking wall hanging just like the original. Sort of a "save your cake but eat it too" kind of deal. There are pictures banging around somewhere on the site of one of my fake saws. The saw I just got is still serviceable with a small amount of touch up work. Maybe I'd better keep it for when all of our chainsaw fuel dries up due to the Corona virus.

4. buzz-saw

buzz-saw

I never thought of cutting out a fake saw to make into a sign/wall hanging sort of thing. Great idea. Now you have me thinking.
    Did you write a program for the ones you cut out?

metalcuttr and Midwinter like this.