In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

Plumbing advice needed

Discussion in 'The DIY Room' started by saskwoodburner, Jan 12, 2017.

1. saskwoodburner

saskwoodburner

Woke up to a surprise...no water in the sink.
    Ran a bunch of near boiling water through, and I can hear it run the full length. I think I'll continue this over the course of the day.

The question is, what was happening or what happened? There's got to be an explanation.

The only thing different, was the weather warmed up, and I had it toasty in here last night, about 83 degrees before bed. Maybe the column of water had enough pressure to push through the crud when it warmed up?

Elvisss222 likes this.
  2. brenndatomu

brenndatomu

That and the heat of the boiling water "melted" the goop that was laying in there

saskwoodburner likes this.
  3. saskwoodburner

saskwoodburner

Is it fair to say that massive amounts of tap hot water and dish soap over the course of the day could only help?

4. JustWood

JustWood Guest

4 years ago had a bathtub drain in a friends trailer stop without prior trouble. I plunged it , salt , boiling water , snake , pulled back panel of wall in adjoining room and pulled plumbing apart. Nothing.
    Last resort was pulling the skirting and crawling in for a look see. Previous owner had made a repair and never replaced insulation.
    I replaced insulation and sealed it up. Cut the plumbing hole in the floor bigger and aimed a heat gun in there. Less than a few minutes and drain was thawed. Hair ,grease and gunk generally don't STOP a drain completely. Frozen will.

Elvisss222 and saskwoodburner like this.
  5. Locust Post

Locust Post

hey, hey read all about it......drain's on the move. :dex:

Elvisss222 and saskwoodburner like this.
  6. saskwoodburner

saskwoodburner

Well the sink seems to be draining better than ever, although it wasn't bad before. Sent the snake down the vent, and ran hot water at the same time, snaking and fishing. Severe whirlpool drainage now!!! Glad I didn't pull that pipe apart.

JustWood, brenndatomu and wildwest like this.
  7. Eric VW

Eric VW Moderator

Nothing quite like having the pipes flushed out....:thumbs:

8. Unicorn1

Unicorn1

"The pipes are clean", sounds like it might have been frozen.

9. chris

chris

Frozen pipes on a trailer- been there - best be checking under the trailer inspecting what is called the belly skirt- dang little animals like to tear holes in that and make homes in the insulation course this lets the cold in and then you get freeze spots.

10. Unicorn1

Unicorn1

I had to go under the mobile home I own in Abq after smelling something foul, after removing the dead cat I've never been under there again. :)

11. Dr.Faustus

Dr.Faustus

I've had more than great luck with this thing - you connect it to the garden hose. stick it into a pipe and then open up the water to it. it swells up so it jams itself in the pipe while shooting water out the front. the pressure blasts away clogs. when you turn off the water it shrinks and you can remove it. no need to snake anything. i rea that your drain works now but if this could be of any help in the future, here it is:

Medium Drain Bladder-BC00332 - The Home Depot