In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

Lacrete's in northeast ohio.

Discussion in 'The Pellet Bag' started by pelletguy, Jun 29, 2015.

1. Douglas Middleton

Douglas Middleton

You both are referring to issues we had about 3 years ago .....again, you bringing up something quite old...has been addressed and fixed if the issue did happen. There isn't a manufacture that hasn't had something go wrong at one time or another and we are no exception.....but since our sales and dealers keep wanting more of our pellets each season, I'm assuming we aren't selling dirt in a bag......

Whether the dealer messed up or their customers messed up and have no pellets for sale or need to buy...that probably represents a shortage to someone. Maybe in the Hudson Valley that has never happened Propane, but up until this season, we haven't serviced that market, but in NE it has happened on a large scale the last two winters...especially in Feb and March..

Jay...you are right also, we did take longer to get Upton up and running after we added some equipment there 3 years ago...but that is long behind us now and we are currently running 3 shifts, 5 days a week....so no excuses.....and we are planning to have product available, so if a problem does happen (like so much snow/cold weather in Feb, it basically shut down the rail system in MA for almost 3 weeks) we should still have enough product on hand to meet current orders, so we can eliminate as much wait time as possible......which is why they are in the process of building a much larger warehouse and adding more track space.....costly upgrades to make the business run better for everyone.

schoondog likes this.
  2. IHATEPROPANE

IHATEPROPANE

I live in central MA, I do believe that is NE. Zero issues last year.

3. Douglas Middleton

Douglas Middleton

You have no idea what you are talking about...there were all sorts of dealers that ran out and other manufactures couldn't supply them. NEWP sent out a letter to most if not all of their dealers in late Sept warning of the shortages and that some of their current orders would not be filled. Several pellet mills in Quebec has issues filling orders in a prompt manner. Bearfoot and Truman were just about impossible to get your hands on for awhile....so please don't tell me there was not shortages in central or eastern MA last winter.....I simply know better and kept getting calls from dealers with no stock seeing if I could help.....in some areas, it was just as bad as the winter before......Once the box stores stopped bringing in more product about the middle of Feb...all hell broke loose for about 6 weeks and it didn't get back to what I would consider normal levels till bout mid April...and even then there was lots of usage right up till early June in some areas.....there may have not been any issues for you...but there certainly was for plenty of others...

4. IHATEPROPANE

IHATEPROPANE

GS could be had all year long lmfao, NEWP must have sent them all the boxes .Certainly no shortages there.
    There was one time all winter where i didn't see pellets out in HD, which I frequent often. Six weeks is laughable. No one I know had any issues finding pellets. Maybe certain brands had problems but shame on them. They lost customers to other manufacturers or the oil man. And will probably lose more to the oil man this year.

5. Douglas Middleton

Douglas Middleton

you are right propane... I have no clue what goes on in the market place and all those extra sales we made last winter were just a fluke and we got lucky cause everyone was so full of stock. And we keep getting lucky this season as well I guess.
    I think NEWP/MWP did send a lot of their production to the boxes...but that is a whole other conversation that you can argue with someone else.....

6. imacman

imacman

GS could be had in my area for most of the past winter, but once the end of Feb. came, I didn't see any in the local big boxes.

7. jtakeman

jtakeman Moderator

There was a slump in my area for a few. Yet if we drove a few miles to the east, There was plenty.

8. subsailor

subsailor

If ya buy enough going into winter, who cares if there's a shortage? Isn't that the whole reason some of us are called pigs?

9. slvrblkk

slvrblkk

10. smoke show

smoke show

I'm a little nervous only having 3 tons on hand... oh wait we don't have shortages here. :D

11. imacman

imacman

exactly

jtakeman and IHATEPROPANE like this.
  12. jtakeman

jtakeman Moderator

Yep, For those that can stash its wasn't an issue. The ones that pay as they go, Might be more apt to hoard like their fellow pigs!!

We shall see, But I bet we'll still hear some squealing.

imacman likes this.
  13. IHATEPROPANE

IHATEPROPANE

Same folks that do not buy ice melt until after an ice storm.....

imacman, jtakeman and slvrblkk like this.
  14. eatonpcat

eatonpcat

Cept in your pants!! :cool::whistle:

15. IHATEPROPANE

IHATEPROPANE

:rofl: :lol:

16. smoke show

smoke show

Little but cute... Dottie said so. :D

17. eatonpcat

eatonpcat

She told me you were a grower not a shower!! She also complained about the Wisconsin Head Cheese!!:binoculars:

18. will711

will711

Now that we have totally derailed this thread lets have some Beer :drunk::drunk::drunk::drunk::drunk:

19. slvrblkk

slvrblkk

20. will711

will711

I knew I could find a drinking buddy :cheers: