In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

Lowest rear exit flue

Discussion in 'Modern EPA Stoves and Fireplaces' started by lethal dose, Dec 26, 2022.

1. lethal dose

lethal dose

Hey, all. Long time. Been outta the loop for some time and am starting to do a little homework. I have a masonry fireplace/chimney that’s going to need lined if I decide to have a stove installed. I’d rather not have an insert, but a free standing stove. Who all makes low rear exit stoves? I’m being told labor is going to approach $2,000 to install liner by multiple sweeps. Add in the cost of liner and stove, and this isn’t gonna be a cheap endeavor. With that being said, affordability is important, but perhaps not THE MOST important factor. Thanks, folks!

Last edited: Dec 26, 2022
    T.Jeff Veal, brenndatomu and MikeInMa like this.
  2. brenndatomu

brenndatomu

It could/would be 26% more affordable if it could be done this week...the 26% (unlimited) tax credit goes away Saturday night...then a 30% starts Jan 1, but with a $2k cap...which still may be enough for what you are planning to do though. The current program is good for the full install cost...not sure about that on the 2023 program.
    I'm no help on the stove model though...

T.Jeff Veal likes this.
  3. Luke

Luke

Hearthstone Castleton , MF Fire Nova are the lowest center flue I've seen. Both are under 20" rear flue center.

Last edited: Dec 27, 2022
    T.Jeff Veal likes this.
  4. fox9988

fox9988

I'd check out Woodstock.