In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

Redwood video

Discussion in 'The Sawyer Room' started by mattjm1017, Aug 19, 2014.

1. mattjm1017

mattjm1017

I found this old video of logging redwoods and thought it was really neat and figured yall would enjoy it as well.

dutch, bigbarf48, fishingpol and 7 others like this.
  2. My IS heats my home

My IS heats my home

That was cool. I've never really seen any logging videos from the west coast.
    I did do a little research on the east coast logging a couple years ago. The old growth
    trees out this way were nothing like the redwoods in that video. Still, I enjoy the process
    of the day.

mattjm1017 likes this.
  3. thistle

thistle

Yup that one's in my Favorites list.Think its also on a DVD I bought a few years back also.

Backwoods Savage likes this.
  4. bassJAM

bassJAM

Pretty neat. I just got back from my honeymoon, we spent part of it in Sequoia and King's Canyon Nat'l Parks. The sequoia trees weren't logged as much because the wood splinters easily, but they still cut down a number of them. As sad as it was to see the huge stumps, it's also amazing to know that they were cut down with limited equipment compared to today.

IMG_1097.JPG

IMG_1138.JPG

DaveGunter, HDRock and mdavlee like this.
  5. PullinMyPoulan

PullinMyPoulan

Sure does make me appriciate my chainsaws watching them using an axe and a saw like they did.

HDRock likes this.
  6. bigbarf48

bigbarf48

That's a really cool video, thanks for posting. It really is amazing what those men did with what, by today's standards, was a relatively primitive set of tools

The "topper" at the beginning was certainly comfortable up there. Just a trunk tie in and spikes :bug:

I thought the mechanized saws were interesting, I'd like to see more of those