In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

Work Day

Discussion in 'The Wood Pile' started by ReelFaster, Oct 15, 2024 at 8:54 AM.

1. ReelFaster

ReelFaster

Having the glorious Columbus day holiday off yesterday combined with the blustery cold front that swept through the Delaware valley it just gave me the itch and felt like firewood time.

I had my eye on a dead standing tree for sometime, but was hard to get to. As I went to see how I'd access and drop this tree, low and behold just a little further I found an already blown over oak tree that was perfect! Kinda hung up in another tree but not too high and up off the ground with little to no rotting.

Was a PITA to get to but I managed clearing a way, but I still had to haul and lug rounds which was not easy. I left a pile still there for another day!

Could have really used an ATV, but the Wheelhorse did the job hauling the little cart uphill making several trips. I don't think she could ever pull big blue uphill like that.

I have a decent pile of rounds going now and I just grabbed the splitter off my brother in law last week for some fall splitting coming up!

I left that other dead standing for another day!
    IMG_6325.JPG IMG_6329.JPG IMG_6330.JPG IMG_6339.JPG
    IMG_6347.JPG
    IMG_6348.JPG

2. jrider

jrider

Hopefully you didn't pick up any chiggers....we need a nice hard frost.

3. Cash Larue

Cash Larue

That’s some nice straight stuff!! Sweet!

4. The Wood Wolverine

The Wood Wolverine

Hoard on!! :dex:
    I really had the itch on Sunday but dad shut me down. Looks like you had some fun. :yes:

Cash Larue and Chvymn99 like this.