In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

Wood Pellet Generator

Discussion in 'Pellet Stoves, Pellet Fireplaces, Pellet Furnaces' started by Hygor Pontes, Apr 18, 2024.

1. Hygor Pontes

Hygor Pontes

Saw this on Amazon the other day... and think I'm getting it: https://a.co/d/d84PqdR

Do I need it? No... But... I want to try it.

So I know about firepits, about stoves, and obviously heaters, and now generators. What other machine is there for me to use pellets in?

What guilty purchases have you done?

I've also been eyeing this: https://a.co/d/0AWB28c .... ....

I'm going to end up in the middle of the woods charging my phone in the generator and making pizza while the bears and wolves look at me thinking, "seriously?"

imacman likes this.
  2. bogieb

bogieb

That generator is interesting. Not sure it would be as useful for camping as a solar powered battery station since you would also need to lug around pellets (4-6 hours of continuous burning to charge that little battery). And, it takes additional water to work in which you need to change the water every two hours.You can get a 25k+ mAH battery to take along with you for less than $30, and it has a lot smaller footprint. It is cool that the generator will take multiple fuels though - and just cool in general. I can see being fascinated by it.

I have been eyeing small pellet grills. The downfall for those is that they need electricity (from what I see anyway). So, you would need a battery bank or outlet nearby (since I don't have outdoor outlets, it would be a battery bank for me - which I already have). OTOH, I never used the small gas grill I bought off of CL years ago - even ended up giving it away when I cleaned out my old shed because I never got a propane tank and I'm not a fan of the slight aftertaste from the gas (maybe it is my imagination). But this type of cooker would be great to not heat up the kitchen during summer months, takes up less space and I already have pellets anyway (yes, I realize they say not to use heating pellets).

Hygor Pontes, eatonpcat and imacman like this.