In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

Wallingford Ct

Discussion in 'The Wood Pile' started by jo191145, Jun 16, 2024.

1. jo191145

jo191145

Big pile of cheery logs on FBM in Wallingford. Better be cherry,,,,my new eyeglasses are a week away yet :)
    Brad, Eric, anyone?

IMG_0823.png

2. buZZsaw BRAD

buZZsaw BRAD

That listing has been up for a while. I already PMed and it was in Meriden and a bit far for me to travel. They needed it gone ASAP so doubting much if any left.

Ive got too much other wood related stuff to catch up on(your tulip included) so trying not to bring more in. Looks easy park and cut.

Ill go back on my FBM messages and ask again for chits and giggles.

3. buZZsaw BRAD

buZZsaw BRAD

Oh and your eyes are fine. It is mostly cherry.

My optometrist emailed the other day. I'm due for an eye exam:binoculars:

Last edited: Jun 16, 2024
  4. buZZsaw BRAD

buZZsaw BRAD

Just sent a PM. It was June 5th I messaged. Woman said two others interested before me. It is in Meriden.

5. buZZsaw BRAD

buZZsaw BRAD

She did give me the address in one of the PM's. Turns out I was going right by there at the time.:picard:

If I'm focused (which doesn't happen often:doh:) I wont/don't hoard. Truck needs to be empty too.

6. Barcroftb

Barcroftb

Looks like black cherry to me.

7. Yawner

Yawner

Ad is gone according to OP. Nice cherry!

8. jo191145

jo191145

Seems like a good time to fess up. Got a text from a tree guy I got logs from almost a year age asking if I wanted more. I declined :) Didn’t even ask what kind.
    I will be grabbing a load or two of red maple logs tomorrow. Just down the road a bit. Almost rock throwing distance. Can’t resist.

9. jo191145

jo191145

It may be for all I know. FBM is a strange place as far as what you see and when you see it. Or if you may ever see it again. Very little rhyme or reason to it. And sharing the links and pics has always been difficult. Often they won’t show up at all or security blocks on them. I usually don’t bother but cherry is good for smokers and resellers.

10. buZZsaw BRAD

buZZsaw BRAD

:heidi: Just for that I'm not giving you a "like"!!! :rofl: :lol:

Moderating can you revoke his membership!:D

11. jo191145

jo191145

Hey I’m not the guy who passed up a nice pile of cherry logs :) Admin! Admin!

12. jo191145

jo191145

Ok Brad, dusted off the old trailer and scrounged up a load of Red Maypo. :)
    I want full reinstatement and an extra week with the helicopter.
    Fortunately the tree guy didn’t chop everything into little pieces and he even collected them in a pile for me. Easy breezy.
    Should’ve taken a pic of the hill I had to climb to get out of there tho. A lawn hill. I was worried,,,,,, 4 wheel low walked right up tho. I was Thankful.

IMG_3330.jpeg IMG_3332.jpeg

Yawner, Woodwidow, jrider and 16 others like this.
  13. MikeInMa

MikeInMa

Love that trailer. I've seen you put it to work!

T.Jeff Veal, John D, ThomH123 and 2 others like this.
  14. buZZsaw BRAD

buZZsaw BRAD

Nice load! :thumbs: Good thing it wasn't muddy. That dries fast if you process it quickly. Just don't let it sit as long as that birch in your yard did! ;)

T.Jeff Veal, ThomH123 and jo191145 like this.
  15. jo191145

jo191145

why that trailer hasn’t broken down this month I’m not sure LOL I hate June.
    Snapped something on the trucks parking brake today. I’d say cable but who knows on these new fangled vehicles.

T.Jeff Veal, John D, MikeInMa and 2 others like this.
  16. jo191145

jo191145

To be honest it probably will have to sit awhile,,,,,,I know, that sucks. I have three log trucks of Black Locust to process and other projects popping up every day.

Hey I just saw one of your friends. Mowing the strips around the field. Not a huge one, guestimate 4 feet. About 2 years old. Didn’t see the whole snake just the back half slowly moseying into the stone wall. Funny part is I had just cut right up to that wall and I did t see him. If he rattled I didn’t hear it. I must’ve been right on top of him tho considering his and my paths. Very vivid beautiful colors I must say. Just shed maybe? Still hate the effers

17. buZZsaw BRAD

buZZsaw BRAD

Had to satisfy my curiosity. I PMed the lady this morning asking if any wood left. No reply. I went a few minutes out of my way this afternoon to investigate. Lots of wood still there and not the most primo. Lots of knots and gnarly pieces. Sorry as I'm a snob when it comes to scrounging. :smoke:Big one with center punk. Other vultures had been there already.

I had just stopped to check it out and the guy came home. Had a nice chat with him and even got his number should I opt to go back. If wood was nicer I'd take some. Plenty of room to park and load safely and its a lower traffic street too.

Road trip to Meriden Joe? Shaded in the morning. I have the address. IMG_5629.JPG IMG_5630.JPG IMG_5631.JPG

18. jo191145

jo191145

I think I’m snobbier than you when it comes to knots.
    No road trip for me. Truck is going in the shop Wednesday. Looking back at my history I don’t think I’ve ever drove a vehicle with the shocks fully blown. Like riding a pogo stick. I’ve seen a few vehicles on the road bouncing like that, never experienced it myself. Not good, Do not recommend :)
    You can always make a trip up here for some tulip and whatever else you want to fill the truck. There are some loose BL rounds right near the tulip log. I have no real desire to move them into the processing area if ya know what I mean. Logs are easier.

Last edited: Jun 18, 2024
  19. buZZsaw BRAD

buZZsaw BRAD

Didnt forget about the tulip. Trying to coordinate a visit with the Mrs to he daughters. She's up there a lot babysitting during the week.

John D and T.Jeff Veal like this.
  20. buZZsaw BRAD

buZZsaw BRAD

I thought of your splitter when I saw the logs and didn't really want them. Will/does it push through big knots?

John D and T.Jeff Veal like this.