In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

Trailer Issues.

Discussion in 'Everything Else (off topic)' started by HoneyFuzz, Aug 13, 2024 at 8:09 AM.

1. HoneyFuzz

HoneyFuzz

So as some of you may know..I recently got a new bigger tractor..to Compliment my Kubota BX . The new Tractor is a TYM..and is easily over double the weight.
    So the issue I'm having is the physical size of the new tractor. It's alot longer. So now..if im hauling it..I either have to go without a rear implement...or doing something funky as shown in picks.
    But in the pictures shown...it sits perfectly on trailer ....weight distribution wise It puts a tolerable amount of tongue weight on..and is pretty darn good going down the road . Seems to be sitting good..not too bouncy on the truck...not herky jerky with not enough weight on truck. Just right.
    Seeing what any thought as a solution.
    Current truck ..Ram 1500
    Current trailer.Kaufman 8000# 16'

THINGS TRIED
    So I tried backing the tractor on and maybe leaving loader up to clear ramps...which I never liked. But tried. As soon as the rear wheels got past the trailer axles and heading towards the truck..it started squatting the truck hard..too much tongue weight.
    Also tried putting loader up and over the front rail to give me a little room...but this also put too much tongue weight on the truck...and I just thought that puts too much faith in my tie down straps lol.

THINGS IM THINKING..
    Thinking about possibly an 18'-20' equipment trailer upgrade.
    Maybe even a lightweight tri-axle (tire scrubber) to keep the weight off of the truck.
    Possible air bags on the rear of truck to help give me a little more leeway.

CANT DO
    Not gonna be able to upgrade truck in any way. No 3/4 ton..no 1 ton.
    Have to keep this truck.

I love my current trailer..as it blends being lightweight and heavy duty at the same time.
    Does not put much tongue weight on truck empty.
    But....current trailer is a year 2000...and in need of a new deck...some brake work...some wiring..etc. So to me..its time to redo this one and find a solution...or let it go...and get a new...or new to me trailer.

Help !! Lol

20240812_153831.jpg
    20240812_153804~2.jpg 20240812_153800.jpg 20240812_153751.jpg

Last edited: Aug 13, 2024 at 8:24 AM
    Woodwidow and eatonpcat like this.
  2. FarmerJ

FarmerJ

I guess I’d start with actually scaling the setup

Ronaldo, eatonpcat and HoneyFuzz like this.
  3. ironpony

ironpony

You need more truck.
    See my Sig.

HoneyFuzz and eatonpcat like this.
  4. Jeffrey Svoboda

Jeffrey Svoboda

If you like buying new tires.... get a tri-axle. Would recommend a twin axle with duals but doubt you NEED that.

HoneyFuzz and eatonpcat like this.