In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

poulan electric chainsaw

Discussion in 'Chainsaws and Power Equipment' started by chris, Jul 16, 2015.

1. chris

chris

request a little help here, not my unit main drive gear ( plastic of course ) chewed to smitherines. Not having any luck finding it on line and calling # on unit didn't get me any further. Poulan 1635f type 2 have a bunch of other numbers. this is the gear that has a shaft though it, driven by small gear of motor extends through side cover and then has chain sprocket mounted on it. so if someone is or has a better source for parts let me know. Ya I know pic = 1k words camera not here at present. thanks in advance chris

wildwest likes this.
  2. Cut4fun

Cut4fun

wildwest likes this.
  3. Cut4fun

Cut4fun

wildwest likes this.
  4. chris

chris

That is the chain sprocket fits on the shaft that the drive gear is molded or press fit on to. sorry I was deslex this morning model Number is "PLN3516F Type 2" on some of the sights it does not come up at all one sight it did with just a couple items, on this saw you have to split the case to get at it. It is a common failure for most electric chain saws as the small gear on the motor shaft is metallic composite and the large drive gear is plastic - pinch bar and chain or get chain jammed -instant stripped plastic gear. most I have seen the gear is right behind the chain drive sprocket unlike this one where it is buried inside the case. help line for Poulan has same parts as found on web.

wildwest likes this.
  5. old 040

old 040

i found the ipl at ereplacementparts.com, looks like you have to buy the whole motor assy, there is no breakdown for it..........

6. chris

chris

Man I can't even pull that assembly up- i can get ereplacement got a part#

7. old 040

old 040

it's basically the whole darn saw!, the number i found is 576180501..........

8. chris

chris

They do not sell for that much new. I have it a put back together so I am not going to burn time pulling apart again to get a picture. Talk about a lack of support, this the most common damage on electric saws, short of rocking a chain. I all ready called customer and told no part available. Heck this doesn't even fall under planned obsolescence, imo. Guess it's just another piece of throwaway chi-com junk.

9. chris

chris

every other model on the eparts list has this gear available. ?