In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

Pardon me a moment

Discussion in 'Everything Else (off topic)' started by mywaynow, Oct 31, 2013.

1. mywaynow

mywaynow

Have to share/show off this clip. Oldest son has been a marching band percussion player for all his high school carreer. This year is co-captain of the squad and on the snare. Nearly 200 members of the band and they are stronger than any other year. Maybe a bore for some, but I have gloat like any proud parent would. State competition winners for best percussion and winners of division and overall highest score at Giants/Jest stadium competition this year.

2. mywaynow

mywaynow

Last competition of the season last night. Can you say bus trip? Off to Annapolis we went, 3+ hrs. Crew did their thing and won their division. Performed flawlessly and most important they all had a great time. Received a season high (or near) score. Did not get home until after the time change! This was a great experience for all involved (the marching band that is) and I would highly recommend it to anyone considering getting involved. It takes a high degree of dedication and tends to attract a great group of kids. My son has made friends for life here and all are commendable kids. Enough from papa.......

Last edited: Nov 3, 2013
    Jack Straw and rottiman like this.
  3. rottiman

rottiman

Well done.