In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

MrFancyPlants update

Discussion in 'The Wood Pile' started by mrfancyplants, Jun 30, 2024.

1. mrfancyplants

mrfancyplants

IMG_0218.jpeg IMG_7453.jpeg IMG_6989.jpeg IMG_6915.jpeg IMG_7188.jpeg IMG_7279.jpeg I haven’t been on in quite a while as we moved to South Carolina and don’t have a wood stove or fireplace anymore. I did pick up a solo stove knock off and a have a place to scrounge pallets, but it is not quite the same.
    It is on my list to put in a wood stove and a chimney, but we have a *gasp HOA and a budget, so it may be quite a while unit I get back into burning wood unfortunately. On the plus side, we have great schools for the kiddos, and only 14 min away from the beach near Myrtle.
    Anyways, we are doing well and glad to see buZZsaw BRAD and everyone is still hoarding up a storm. Keep on keeping saw’n.

MrFancyPlants

Not me catching the shark. I was coming back from a surf and saw the toothy grin and asked to take some photos.

Last edited: Jun 30, 2024
  2. Horkn

Horkn

Glad to see you checked in!

An HOA, huh? How restrictive is yours?

Screwloose, John D, wildwest and 4 others like this.
  3. mrfancyplants

mrfancyplants

Haven’t really tested the limits yet, but it is a newish neighborhood that could use some shade trees in my opinion. You are supposed to get just about any landscaping approved, but my neighbor who happens to be a Brad was planning on getting a magnolia and sneaking it by the board, so I might follow his lead.

Screwloose, John D, wildwest and 5 others like this.
  4. buZZsaw BRAD

buZZsaw BRAD

Nice to see you again MFP. Your absence has been noticed in the car hoarding thread.

Best of luck in your new place. Too bad it doesn't have an indoor wood burner. Be sure to stop in and say hi now and then. That fire looks very inviting.

5. mrfancyplants

mrfancyplants

Some sky fire from this morning: IMG_7846.jpeg IMG_7843.jpeg
    Btw/psa: Never use an old piece of pier for firewood. Nor telephone poles.

Attached Files:

6. MikeInMa

MikeInMa

7. Buttermilk

Buttermilk

Man that's beautiful. Theone shot of the pier with the gray sky makes it look like an old huge machine. Very cool.