In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

Mingo firewood marker

Discussion in 'The Wood Pile' started by Ernie G, Jul 17, 2024 at 2:22 PM.

1. Ernie G

Ernie G

Screenshot_20240717-142424.png Anybody use this ?

Ernie

The Wood Wolverine likes this.
  2. The Wood Wolverine

The Wood Wolverine

I do. I love it. Bought it second hand with many different wheels. Questions? Ask away.

3. Ernie G

Ernie G

Im just curious if guys that have it like it or don't and how accurate is it ?

Thanks
    Ernie

The Wood Wolverine likes this.
  4. The Wood Wolverine

The Wood Wolverine

It works great! It’s very easy to walk down a log and mark lengths with whatever wheel you’re using. I don’t cut w/o it. My firebox fits 25” and what I did was added a second ramp to the 14” wheel to spray every 7”, then cut to 21”. After a couple seasons like that, I realized the larger/heavier size splits are harder on my hands, so I’ve switched back to 18”. Super easy to swap wheels.
    IMG_8656.jpeg

For a couple years, I used a tape measure pulled out 12-15’ and would make a mark w the saw every 18, move the tape rinse/repeat. For a while I did the whole turn the saw and use the bar to measure lengths. That got old but was quickest when I was processing pushed over apple trees. Found the Mingo and never looked back. It’s quick and it works perfectly. Just make sure to not let your paint in the truck over freezing temps.

Eric Wanderweg likes this.
  5. Chud

Chud

I use it and like it. Wish I had gotten one sooner. That looks like a good price for it.

6. EODDiver

EODDiver

The first post is just for a wheel for the marker. The complete kit on Amazon is this price.
    Image 7-17-24 at 3.15 PM.jpeg