In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

Mamas gettin chunky

Discussion in 'The Wood Pile' started by jo191145, Aug 6, 2024.

1. jo191145

jo191145

Watch it, don’t you be thinking about my momma like that :)

She’s just gettin chunky wood,,,,I said watch it.

For years my mother has been getting caught snagging chunks out of my processing area in the winter. A thousand times I tell her not too because they’re wet. A thousand times she ignores me :)
    If ya can’t beat em join em. Found these crates on marketplace. They’re collapsible which was a selling point. I consider this winning as they at least have some time to dry off before being burnt.
    Her first load of chunks.

IMG_3350.jpeg

2. jacktj

jacktj

Those are nice crates. What sort of place was getting rid of them? I would like to get a couple myself.

3. jo191145

jo191145

They came from the now defunct Christmas Tree Shops. Some guy snagged them up somehow and was selling them off.
    There’s another guy in my area selling older industrial collapsible pens. A little stronger, more expensive and more dented up.
    I was even considering buying new cheap dog play pens but these popped up.

4. Dok440

Dok440

Being collapsible is a big bonus over totes. Nice score and good on you for taking care of momma!

5. buZZsaw BRAD

buZZsaw BRAD

Good find on those crates. Gotta keep mama happy and warm. Do you generate a lot of chunks?

Running out of family members to use in your thread titles Joe? ;) Hope they're not FHC members!:whistle:
    My sisters ash.

6. jo191145

jo191145

just reread that thread. I think we have the funniest wood nuts on the web here :)

you know the life story of a chunk. If I’m cutting on my property I’ll cut logs to 12’ if possible. If I’m scrounging roadside or tree service you get what you gets and chunks are a big part of that.
    I have those three cherry picker loads of Black locust to chop up soon. There will be plenty of chunks out of that. Mama’s gonna have a black locust chunk fest in 25-26.

7. Skier76

Skier76

Great idea! I have a lot of 12” splits; some smaller that we burn in the firepit. I should source a couple of those.

Buttermilk, buZZsaw BRAD and MikeInMa like this.
  8. The Wood Wolverine

The Wood Wolverine

Great way to keep them all nice and neat. :thumbs: