In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

Large Mac Super Pro 125C Chainsaw on CL

Discussion in 'Chainsaws and Power Equipment' started by Unicorn1, Sep 17, 2015.

1. Unicorn1

Unicorn1

Attached Files:

thistle likes this.
  2. thistle

thistle

A fair price for all that's been done to it....:yes:

It WAS the largest displacement one man direct drive saw McCulloch offered for big timber,same size engine as its 797/Super 797/CP 125 predecessor of a few years earlier,but with more HP & RPM's.:dex:

Back in the 50's they had a couple 2 man gear drive saws with a slightly bigger engine,but less HP/RPM's & over twice the weight of the mid-late 70's SP125.....

Last edited: Sep 20, 2015
    mdavlee likes this.
  3. mdavlee

mdavlee

Good looking saws he has for sale.

thistle likes this.
  4. Guido Salvage

Guido Salvage

Ran a SP125C on Friday.

thistle and mdavlee like this.
  5. DexterDay

DexterDay Administrator

That is one heck of a saw!!
    I copied and pasted the ad in case it gets sold..

Chainsaw: Vintage McCulloch Super Pro 125C Musclesaw - $1200 (Alamogordo)

< 1 of 9 >

condition: excellent
    make / manufacturer: McCulloch
    model name / number: Super Pro 125C
    size / dimensions: 123cc engine

I have for your consideration, a Good old American Musclesaw. This saw was originally from Washington State and was used to cut the biggest timber Washington had to offer back in the 1970's. this saw was one of the largest saws that McCulloch offered for big timber. It is a direct drive, 123cc high compression engined saw and has had the original cylinder case Nicom/Nickasil plated from US Chrome Inc. All seals and bearings, gaskets, clutch & drum, rim sprocket, chain, fuel lines, carb kit, decompression valve, spark plug, ignition coil, piston, connecting rod, and piston rings replaced and everything runs and works awsome. The points have been replaced with an electric ignition module so there is no messing with points that sometimes work and sometimes don't. The saw is such high compression, that you can almost not crank it over without pushing in the decompression valve. This saw is very well capable of running the 50" Cannon Superbar that is pictured. I custome built the large Falling dogs/spikes that are shown. I originally bought the saw to modify with a McCulloch 101 Kart engine for hotsaw competitions but decided to keep it like original. The saw does have a 101 Kart con rod and piston. Ports have not been modified so the saw has the torque to run the large bar. This is a one of a kind monster saw that was built to cut down old growth redwoods and giant timber. I left the original paint and finish on the saw so that the saws character was unaltered. I don't know how many trees this saw was used to cut down but when I purchased it, it had western cedar dust on it and was not running. The saw had a torn seal under the clutch and had ran enough that the dirt and sawdust had sandblasted the chrome plating off of the cylinder walls. US Chrome Inc. replated the cylinder and when I got it back it was better than new(replating was very expensive. over $400). The bar is a Cannon Superbar (old three rivet style), like new with a Carlton square chisel full skip .404, .063 gauge chain(new)and has been repainted with the McCulloch name and model painted on it. Cannon is the very best Bar money can buy and is popular with professional Timber Fallers around the USA and Canada not to mention, a new Cannon 50" Superbar is about $400 and the chain is another $100 or more. This model of saw is one of the most sought after Vintage American Chainsaws on the market. My brother bought a rebuilt SP125C off of ebay a few years ago and spent $850 for just the powerhead. His saw had a crappy repaint job and had lots of cosmetic pieces missing. This saw is complete and is not missing anything. If interested contact me through Craigslist.org. I know the scams that go on through Craigslist so don't even try.

brenndatomu likes this.