In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

Just bought a new wood hauler

Discussion in 'The Wood Pile' started by metalcuttr, Nov 11, 2023.

1. metalcuttr

metalcuttr

Wheelbarrow that is... We had a windstorm last night and masses of leaves and small branches came down. This drove the wife into a yard cleaning frenzy so we needed to load up our leaves to haul to the outback to dump. Lo, our wheeler was loaded with firewood in the garage. This happens every year so I bit the bullet and bought a new, heaver duty wheeler to haul and hold the wood in the garage. When I brought it home I told the Wif I had a present for her and whipped open the truck canopy. She was not as enthused over me getting her a new wheelbarrow as I thought she might be. Go figure. I almost got a new rake for her also but after her lukewarm reaction to the new wheeler it was probably best that I didn't! Actually she was OK with the new barrow as it freed the older but lighter wheeler for general yard use. So now we have a new and larger "shed to garage" firewood hauler and a spare wheeler for general use. wheeler1.jpg wheeler2.jpg

T.Jeff Veal, JDU, GranpaJohn and 23 others like this.
  2. JiminyKicket

JiminyKicket

We got that heavy wind too—pretty crazy! Congrats on the new wheelbarrow by I gotta admit you got my hopes up for some truck pics. :rofl: :lol:

3. billb3

billb3

That's quite similar to the pair I have. Except mine are two decades older.

4. The Wood Wolverine

The Wood Wolverine

Wheelbarrow as a wife gift, mine would have:heidi:.

I recently bought a new one too. Opted for the dual wheel model.

5. Locust Post

Locust Post

Good addition, at least it's not a Dodge...:rofl: :lol:

6. metalcuttr

metalcuttr

Hope you didn't have any large debris or damage. Wasn't a huge storm by any means but the neighbor has a huge Poplar, I believe, in exactly the wrong place for these storms out of the SW. The shade is nice in the summer but we get about 90% of the leaves in the fall, along with branches and Fir needles from our own trees. The Wif has a zero tolerance policy for yard debris and is constantly cleaning and raking which is nice in normal times. Unfortunately after storms she expects me to participate. Sorry about the bait and switch for truck pictures.:)

7. metalcuttr

metalcuttr

Actually our older one is over 20 years old. Always stored inside. Only driven by a little old lady from Tacoma.

8. metalcuttr

metalcuttr

Mine would also but she knew I was just trying to wind her up. Didn't have any doubles at Lowes. I just grabbed the nearest one. My old one has a tire with a grease fitting and inner tube which I put green slime in. This new one has supposedly sealed bearings and a foam tire. We will see how that goes!

9. wood and coal burner

wood and coal burner

10. brenndatomu

brenndatomu

That's because she really wants a new vacuum...:whistle:

11. Stephiedoll

Stephiedoll

We have a Jackson that looks just like yours. Picked it up a couple years ago from FBM. Nice wheelbarrow and should last a very long time.

12. moresnow

moresnow

What a coincidence. Wife and I just bought our second wheelbarrow this am. His and hers.... Dual wheel, plastic tubs. Great wood haulers as well as bonus points for exercise!

13. Backwoods Savage

Backwoods Savage Moderator

That's funny because the first thing I thought of was her thinking, "I really need a new vacuum..."

14. buZZsaw BRAD

buZZsaw BRAD

Missed this thread. Handy things they are and Jackson is a quality brand. I have many of them hanging around. Some in various states of broken down. Most of mine are the "standard" six cubic foot size, but one is an eight. I can move a lot a wood in that one. My transport at bundle wood storage.

JDU, Deererainman, metalcuttr and 6 others like this.
  15. JDU

JDU

Good purchase. Jackson wheelbarrows are made in a factory not too far from where I grew up in Harrisburg PA, been in business for well over 100 years.

16. Stephiedoll

Stephiedoll

Had a True Temper before it, still have it but rusty, that lasted 15 years. Trying to keep inside when not in use.

JDU and buZZsaw BRAD like this.