In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

Is arboristsite ever coming back?

Discussion in 'Everything Else (off topic)' started by Jon1270, Nov 1, 2013.

1. Jon1270

Jon1270

I haven't been able to see any part of AS for quite a while. Regardless of browser, I get nothing but error messages whether I go to the front page, or follow a Google search to a particular thread. Does anyone have any inside information about the site? Should I just give up looking?

2. thistle

thistle

Its been a week now since I could see anything ''normal'' there or log in.I think it'll be back,but might take a while longer to get all the bugs cleaned out.

3. StihlHead

StihlHead

I have heard on some other forums that they are changing over to new forum SW because of the hacking problems with vBulletin. Their backup server data was also corrupted, so it will take some time to get it cleaned up and working (if they can get it working with the existing posted history files and/or membership database).

4. MasterMech

MasterMech The Mechanical Moderator

I imagine they have to get it working with vBulletin and then convert. That's gonna take a little time.

I wonder what software they are migrating to?

This doesn't mean that all you AS guys are going to quit hanging out with us Hoarders right? :( :D

5. Pallet Pete

Pallet Pete Moderator

It makes me :(

6. Jon1270

Jon1270

I was never an active participant there, but their backlog of old threads was very handy for educating myself about unfamiliar chainsaws. Right now someone in my area is advertising a Husky 355, which is apparently a very unusual animal. There's an AS thread about it, but I can't get to it. Very sad.

7. StihlHead

StihlHead

They already updated the vBulletin SW, but that apparently did not fix the problems (or it did for a while, but it failed again when they were re-organizing it over the past several weeks). The problem originated with the older version of vBulletin that they were on which had security flaws, and once hacked, upgrading did not help because their data is now corrupted. The last 'clean' login I got on there was last weekend, and on Monday I got a message after trying to go to the AS web site that they were updating the site. After that I have only gotten all kinds of weird errors, and today I get bounced to the 'download this BS' site again.